Photo

What is outing!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noel1

noel1
  • noel 1

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:53 AM

I am new here, and I donīt understand what oouting is, maybe someone can explain me?

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

Hi Noel,

I'm not sure what you mean either, sorry :) I know "outing" in several different contexts, but I'm not too sure which one you are meaning. Did you see this on the board someplace? You might also found it helpful to check out this thread from the Board Basics and Tutorial forum: Acronym Tutorial.

#3 noel1

noel1
  • noel 1

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hi Noel,

I'm not sure what you mean either, sorry :) I know "outing" in several different contexts, but I'm not too sure which one you are meaning. Did you see this on the board someplace? You might also found it helpful to check out this thread from the Board Basics and Tutorial forum: Acronym Tutorial.

Somewhere it said outing your abuser, doe sit hurt=

#4 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Hey Noel,

I would imagine that in that context, it means going public about what your abuser did. For example, if your abuser was someone who your family and friends knew, outing them would involve telling your family and friends that this person abused you. Does that make sense?

Ash

#5 noel1

noel1
  • noel 1

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

Hey Noel,

I would imagine that in that context, it means going public about what your abuser did. For example, if your abuser was someone who your family and friends knew, outing them would involve telling your family and friends that this person abused you. Does that make sense?

Ash

yes thnks!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.