Photo

Isolation chat?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalFeather

CrystalFeather
  • When the heart will be light as feather

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Could we ever have this topic on chat, please? It would really help, not only me but many others, too. I don't know how to cope with this side-effect of SA... to know I'm not alone in this suffering would ease a great burden.

#2 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi crystal,

I'll pass your suggestion on to the chat mods. The topic chats depend on a lot on the schedules of our chat mods, and also on their personal preferences and abilities. But you're always welcome to submit suggestions to the team, and they will do their best to see if it will fit in!

Ash

#3 CrystalFeather

CrystalFeather
  • When the heart will be light as feather

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

I see it in the events list!! Thank you SO much.

#4 oceanbreeze

oceanbreeze

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

sorry to sound stupid but can i ask what you mean by isolation as a side effect? is tht like feeling alone ?

#5 Charleigh

Charleigh
  • Chat mod

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Isolation is not doing things with people, not talking to anyone, just staying by yourself all the time

#6 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hi ocean,

In the chat we will be mostly focusing on how we feel isolated as a survivor, so feeling alone in what we are going through, being isolated from our friends/family/wider community. But in this chat any aspect of isolation can and will be openly discussed, we will try and cover as many aspects as we can, or see where the focus of the chatters is and go from there! :)

Hayley
x

#7 oceanbreeze

oceanbreeze

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

thanks for clarifying tht for me.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.