Photo

Quotes in posts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marlee

Marlee
  • is where the wild things are

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Quoting in posts so that it lists the source - how is it done?! I've racked my brain and messed up my fair share of almost completed posts in my eager attempts to make it work! Apparently I don't have the foresight to copy my posts before I fiddle with things I don't understand ;)

I can quote the entire post of another member - but I can't seem to find out how to highlight one line and only quote that line.

If someone could help, I would be so appreciative.

-M

#2 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

Ok what you need to do is have whatever you want in the quote box to already be in the reply box, so if its a part of a post just copy and paste the section you want. Then highlight whatever you want to put in the quote box, and then click the little 'insert quotation' button, it looks like a speach bubble.

[quote]
Then you should have your text in a quote box like this :)[/quote]

Or just put [quote] at the start of the section, and the [/ quote] at the end, just without the space between the [ and /

Hope that helps!

#3 Marlee

Marlee

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thanks, Hales.

One more question!

Ok what you need to do is have whatever you want in the quote box to already be in the reply box, so if its a part of a post just copy and paste the section you want. Then highlight whatever you want to put in the quote box, and then click the little 'insert quotation' button, it looks like a speach bubble.

Is there a way to identify who it's from (like in the top of this quote box, without quoting the entire post and pruning it to keep what I want and remove what I don't?

Thanks,
-M

#4 Hales

Hales

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

I don't think there is, well I haven't found a way! I think the only way you can get the name/time/date of post is through quoting the whole post and then editing it down

#5 ~Tara~

~Tara~
  • Be the change you want to see..

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

To quote a name you have to do the quote section longhand.

Copy this:

(quote name='insert name')paste what you want to quote(/quote)

Except change the curvy brackets for squares ones like this [ ]

And what you get is

paste what you want to quote

#6 Marlee

Marlee

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Heptet and Hales!

Edited by Marlee, 04 October 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#7 ~Tara~

~Tara~
  • Be the change you want to see..

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

You're welcome :)

#8 Hales

Hales

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Ah I've learnt something! lol thanks Heptet hun! :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.