subscription issues

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hales

Hales
  • Walking tall against the rain

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hey,

Ok so I might be being really stupid and if I am then please excuse this stupidity! :P

So last year I bought a 1yr subscription, that ran out in aug and I didn't get around to renewing it. Anyways I was just looking at the option of renewing it now and, well, have the options changed? I swear when I bought it last year there was like the option of a 6 month, 1yr, a subscription for secondaries etc something like that at least, there was like options for different subscription types. Anyways when I go to look at it now the only option I have is for the 1yr one and I can only get to that option by going through the 'manage paid subscriptions' bit and then it gives me the option to 'renew', which hey isn't a problem but I swear before there was more options.

Am I just being really thick? Is there like a link to the list of different subscriptions like there used to be or has the kind of subscription types changed?

Help please! I'm just being nosy I know, but I cant seem to work it out lol :)

Hayley
xxx

#2 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

Haley, you're already a step ahead of me, because I can't even figure out how to get into my manage subscriptions to check it out!

We'll look into it and get back to you :)

#3 Ash

Ash

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

Oh, I just found something! Where are you going through? If you click on the drop-down menu in the top right, by your profile picture, there should be an option there for "Add Contributing Membership". That brings you to a new screen, and there are lots of different options there. Is that what you were trying and it didn't work?

#4 Anath

Anath
  • Dragonrider

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

I wondered about this too. I have a 1 year membership, but when I went to renew it I could only see the 1 year membership one. I thought there used to be a 'lifetime' membership option - but I couldn't see it anywhere when I went to renew mine, I could only see the 'renew' for one year bit. If I click on the drop-down menu it says 'manage paid subscriptions', rather than 'add contributing membership'.

#5 Hales

Hales

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Yeah what Anath said! :P

Yep I was looking from the drop down menu at the top of the page, the options i get are profile, settings, messenger, topics, posts, status, friends, ignored users, blog, and managed paid subscriptions.

Is it because I've had a subscription before is that it now wont give me the other options?

#6 Ash

Ash

• Contributing Member

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hmm. I thought it might be a moderator thing, but I tried it out with a dummy account and I get the same options. We'll look into it and get back to you!

#7 Hales

Hales

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Ok Ash thanks! :)

#8 Carleen

Carleen
  • Strong enough to bend

• Contributing Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

Just to add my 2 cents worth...

My contributing membership was upgraded to a lifetime one but on my main page it still shows as my 1 year one, which is now expired. If I go into the manage you subscriptions thing it shows both the expired 1 year one and my lifetime one.

#9 Ash

Ash

• Contributing Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

Just to add my 2 cents worth...

My contributing membership was upgraded to a lifetime one but on my main page it still shows as my 1 year one, which is now expired. If I go into the manage you subscriptions thing it shows both the expired 1 year one and my lifetime one.

What do you mean on your main page, Carleen?

#10 Hales

Hales

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

I think what Carleen means is that on the man page which shows the list of all forums. I have the box too which says about my current subsciption and it shows what subscription I had and that it has expired on a certain date. Its in the box on the right hand side, below the boxs for the TCs, reccently added topics, reccent blogs and status's

xx

#11 Carleen

Carleen
  • Strong enough to bend

• Contributing Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

I think what Carleen means is that on the man page which shows the list of all forums. I have the box too which says about my current subsciption and it shows what subscription I had and that it has expired on a certain date. Its in the box on the right hand side, below the boxs for the TCs, reccently added topics, reccent blogs and status's

xx

What Hales said. :D

#12 Ash

Ash

• Contributing Member

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

Our resident techie mod Melinda has played around and it should be fixed. Can you check to make sure you have the right options now?

#13 Hales

Hales

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

OK I went through the 'manage paid subscriptions' bit as thats the only way I can seem to see subscriptions, anyways I now get the option to renew my 1yr one, or buy a 2yr or a lifetime one :)

#14 Ash

Ash

• Contributing Member

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

OK I went through the 'manage paid subscriptions' bit as thats the only way I can seem to see subscriptions, anyways I now get the option to renew my 1yr one, or buy a 2yr or a lifetime one :)

Is that different than before?

#15 Hales

Hales

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Yep thats different, before all I could do was renew my 1yr one, so i now have the option of a 2yr and lifetime.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.