Jump to content


Lack of trigger warnings

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MelK

  • Grrr

  • Member
  • posts: 2,580

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

What should we do if we read a post in a general forum like My Voice that doesn't have any trigger warnings or spoilers but has graphic descriptions or talk about SU etc?

This has happened to me a few times when I'd wanted to avoid stuff like that. I feel like maybe I should tell a mod so that a warning could be added and it doesn't happen to anyone else. I don't want to "report" the poster though. What's the best thing to do?

Edited by MelK, 21 September 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#2 Hales

  • Walking tall against the rain

  • Contributing Member
  • posts: 13,770

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hi MelK,

If you have any concerns about any posts you see on the board you can either PM any mod, or you can hit the 'report' button which will inform all the mods for that forum about that post so then they can take a look at it and make any edits if required.


#3 Ash

  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

  • Contributing Member
  • posts: 18,015

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hi MelK,

The easiest thing to do is to report the post. That will let the moderating team know as quickly as possible, so that it can be looked. You can just write in your description that a trigger warning is needed for graphic details, suicide, etc.

No one gets in trouble when something is reported; it's just a way for you to communicate with the moderating team, so we know if there's a potential problem!


Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.