Photo

I know I'm going to feel a right plonker for asking...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Summer_Hope

Summer_Hope
  • Trying to find the pieces

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:16 AM

...but, when you add a link to a post/siggy, how do you get it to say something else (e.g. My blog) rather than the address (e.g. www.pandys.org).

I've seen a few people do it and thought it'd make my siggy look tidier :D

#2 Anath

Anath
  • Dragonrider

• Contributing Member

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

Hi summer_hope

You can make a link say something else by using the 'insert link' button at the top of the post screen - it's a little chain-link icon with a tiny green + sign, next to the yellow smiley emoticon button. When you click on 'insert link' it brings up a box where you can insert the actual link in the top little box, and then the text you want to use in the post in the bottom little box. When you then click on insert link, instead of

http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?

you get

Pandy's Index

Hope that made sense, that's possibly not the clearest of explanations.... give it a shot and I can try again if it doesn't work for you/doesn't make sense?

Anath

#3 PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

Hi Summer Hope :)

I usually do something similar to Anath but with once difference, here are the steps

1) type the text you want to be linked. Ex. My Blog

2) select the text

3) copy the URL from your blog or what you want to be linked

4) press the sign with the little plus sign beside the :) on the top of the reply box and paste the URL in the URL box

5) click <insert link>

hope it works !!!

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.