Photo

Lo-Fi Skin Issue with viewing blogs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SilentOnes

SilentOnes

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

I'm not sure if it's just my bad computer karma as of late, however I had switched my skin on Pandys to the Lo-Fi version, so that when I log on from my phone it's easier.

I logged on from my laptop with the lo-fi skin just now and went to blogs. Things rendered alright, until I tried to go to any specific blog upon which I got the following error code.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'blog_std is not an object' in /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php:938 Stack trace: #0 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(1014): ipsRegistry::getClass('blog_std') #1 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1413) : eval()'d code(151): ipsRegistry->__get('blog_std') #2 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/blog/extensions/contentBlocks/cb_plugin_last_entries.php(137): skin_blog_cblocks_3->cblock_header(Array, 'Recent Entries', 0, true) #3 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/blog/sources/classes/contentblocks/blocks.php(490): cb_last_entries->getBlock(Array) #4 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/blog/modules_public/display/blog.php(485): contentBlocks->show_blocks('right') #5 /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(291): public_blog_display_blog->doExecut in /home/pandoras/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 938

O
nce I switched back to the Pandy's skin, blogs rendered fine again.

I'm running an HP pavillion laptop, using Windows Vista and Flock as my browser. (flock is a browser based off of Firefox). I've never had this issue before, but then I"ve never tried to view the blogs in lo-fi either.

#2 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hi SilentOnes,

I just tried it out and had the same issue - we'll get back to you about this :)

Kate

#3 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

Hi again SilentOnes,

We've been in contact with Invision Board - apparently this is a known issue with viewing blogs in the lo-fi skin, and for the time being we aren't able to upgrade to resolve it. Hopefully it's not too much of an annoyance for you, and thank you for letting us know about it :)

Take care,
Kate

#4 SilentOnes

SilentOnes

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for looking into it. Here's hoping they do fix it eventually. :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.