Photo

What are the rules pertaining to DID and blogs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Audrey

Audrey
  • Often laughed in sacrifice so that others could go on.

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

I was wondering if all the board rules applied to the blogs too, because I know that sometimes there is more that one is allowed to say in the blogs. Specifically I was wondering if I would be occasionally allowed to let one of my others post something on my blog? I would of course read over it to make sure it did not break any rule. I was just wondering, I will understand if it is not allowed.

Audrey

#2 Ash

Ash
  • AshterDashter PassMeTheCakeFaster

• Contributing Member

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi Audrey,

Thanks for asking us about this. In general, all board guidelines apply to the blogs as well. We've discussed your question, and we feel that allowing members to post as alters would be very confusing to those reading, which often leads to members feeling less able to offer support as they aren't sure what to say. You are however more than welcome to post a link in your signature to an externally-hosted blog, where you can allow your alters to post. Let us know if you need any further clarification, or have any further questions.

Take care,

The Moderating Team

#3 Audrey

Audrey
  • Often laughed in sacrifice so that others could go on.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Okay, thank you.

Audrey

#4 ~Tara~

~Tara~
  • Be the change you want to see..

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

I was just wondering if you could set individual posts to private? If that was the case could alters use the blog still..but set to private?

I guess it depends what the member wants to use the blog for as well..as to whether that would appeal to them

#5 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:26 AM

Hi Heptet,

I wanted to answer your question too about private entries on blogs - we have discussed this, and we feel that it is less confusing and safer for all if we extend board/blog guidelines to private entries as well. Though we don't moderate the blogs the way we do the board, if something came up that was in violation of the guidelines we would follow it up with the member regardless of whether the entry were public or private, due to moral, ethical, or legal reasons, so we think it's best just to keep a standard set of rules for both types of blog entries.

I hope that answers your question - let us know if you need any more clarification :)

Take care,
Kate

#6 ~Tara~

~Tara~
  • Be the change you want to see..

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for answering Kate, it makes sense :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.