Photo

DID forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Liz

Liz
  • survivor

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

To any moderator: I am a member(liz) but find i now need a password to access the DID forum which is what I need. Can you help?

#2 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hi Liz, I'm sending you a PM with more information about the DID forum!

#3 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

I have possible DDNOS and I'm wondering if there could ever be a section that dealt specifically with dissociative disorders that did not require a diagnosis and/or did not require full-blown DID. The reason I say this is because I for one don't feel comfortable working with psychiatrists at this point in time and just and a place where I can talk about trying to figure out my system and whatnot. It has been helpful to post in the RA thread but I feel like the topic of dissociation in general is a topic of its own separate from RA and separate from mental wellness. Also, since not everyone considers a dissociative disorder to be mental unwellness it might be a worthwhile sub-forum of the mental wellness or RA thread. Just an idea.

#4 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

Hi Dreamstalked,

We PMed you about this, but I thought we should post it here too since I'm sure other members out there have wondered the same thing :)

Thank you for the suggestion, dreamstalked. This was an idea that we had considered prior to starting up the DID forum and we just now discussed again the possibility of starting a Dissociative Disorders sub-forum within the Mental Wellness forum at your suggestion. While we do think this could be beneficial to the community, at this time we do not have the resources to start up and moderate such a sub-forum. If we did move forward with such an addition, we would want to have the ability to give it the attention and commitment it deserves. Unfortunately, since this is a busy time of year for vacations, our staff is more sparse than normal; we feel it would be appropriate to reconsider this again in a couple of months. For now, we certainly welcome posts about dissociative disorders in our Mental Wellness forum, or in whichever forum seems most appropriate given the main subject of the post.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your ideas. We will certainly be keeping this in mind - it has come up in our discussions several times in the past as well.

Take good care,
Kate

#5 vezzacool

vezzacool

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

Could you also p.m me the password for the DID forum.

Thanks xx

#6 Kate

Kate
  • Swirling round with this familiar parable...

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

Hi Vezzacool - I'll PM you about this :)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.