Photo

Member groups

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HeIsStillHealing

HeIsStillHealing
  • M Member

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hi, I just recently joined and I noticed that the female member group is just called members, while the male one is called M members. Why is it set up like this? Why isn't the female member group called F members? This kinda makes me feel like this site was mainly intended for women (hence how women get the 'member' group) while men get the male member group. Like I said, I don't know if this is the right forum for this..if it's not feel free to move it.

HeIsStillHealing

#2 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:11 AM

I might bring that up with a mod. I don't know what is up with M Member because not all male members have it.

Edited by dreamstalked, 17 May 2010 - 03:11 AM.

#3 HeIsStillHealing

HeIsStillHealing
  • M Member

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:14 AM

Thanks (:

Or better yet, maybe they could just get rid of the gender specifics groups all together? I mean, we all are survivors are we not? This might not be such a good idea though, some people might be uncomfortable if they aren't able to tell the gender of the person speaking with them.

Edited by HeIsStillHealing, 17 May 2010 - 03:17 AM.

#4 LittleMe2

LittleMe2
  • Survivor

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

Hi i'm pretty new here too and have no idea where to find the members groups, i thought you meant the communities bit and was going to say I think its good that there is a separate place for men and women too because I know for some people there are some topics that they are just more comfortable with their own gender.

What is the members group?? x

#5 HeIsStillHealing

HeIsStillHealing
  • M Member

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:35 AM

Hi i'm pretty new here too and have no idea where to find the members groups, i thought you meant the communities bit and was going to say I think its good that there is a separate place for men and women too because I know for some people there are some topics that they are just more comfortable with their own gender.

What is the members group?? x

The thing to the left of your post. You are a 'member'

Edit:

This is odd, I am not a M member. O_o

Could someone maybe help me understand why I'm not a M member?

Edited by HeIsStillHealing, 17 May 2010 - 03:42 AM.

#6 astralvigilante

astralvigilante
  • Doer of the impossible.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:04 AM

Again, I'd ask a mod. I'm not really sure how that works...maybe if you request access to the men's forum it happens? I'm not sure.

#7 LittleMe2

LittleMe2
  • Survivor

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:15 AM

Ahhhh I see now. Thanks for that thought i'd missed something for a min. And yes ask a mod they'll be able to answer :-)

#8 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

Hi HeIsStillHealing,
We have a specific member group set up for male members because we have a password-protected forum set up for male members. When male members request access to this forum, they are placed into the M Member group so that they do not need to enter a password every time they wish to enter the forum. It isn't a way to try to single out the male members, but just a way to make it easier for them to access this forum. Also, if we have a special topic chat just for men, this enables us to easily notify all of our male members about the chat. I hope that explains it! If you have any other questions, let us know.

Melinda

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.