Photo

"View New Content"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 doll24

doll24
  • Contributing Member

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

Most of the time I remain signed in to Pandy's (by ticking the 'remember me' box) and the 'View New Content' option works great.
But every now and then I have to sign in again (it either automatically asks or I've used a different computer in the mean time) and then when I try to use the 'View New Content' option it doesnt work - it only shows the new stuff since I signed in (usually 1 or 2 posts), not all the new stuff since I was last online.

I've used Pandy's on other computers and dont have this problem. So I know it's computer-specific. I've tried deleting cookies and history and all that, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

#2 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Isn't that interesting l had never found that 'view new content' option before this post!
Went off to find it!
I always wondered how it took a while to go though my posts to check if any more comment had been made.
I would go to page 10 of my posts and then every now and then l would go though the lot...
This will make that much easier.
Thanks for the guidance.
Although I have not clue to the answer to question you are asking!
Thanks Doll24

#3 doll24

doll24
  • Contributing Member

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Lol, that's ok 1249, glad I have helped you! I love the 'view new posts' feature - I'm sure I miss lots of stuff when it doesnt work for me!
Did you also know that you can click on that little orange box on the right hand side of the title of the post and it will actaully take you to your 'next unread reply'. Saves you having to go thru all the replies to find where you were up to. Sorry, you might already know this Posted Image .
Have a great day :)

#4 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

Yes l did thanks...
Old you know .....
Computers and this site...... probably lots of shortcuts l don't know about.

Edited by Onetofortynine, 15 April 2010 - 04:57 PM.

#5 Guest_AM*_*

Guest_AM*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Isn't that interesting l had never found that 'view new content' option before this post!

hahaha me either LOL

#6 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Perhaps we should have a helpful clues post!
Any more of this little facts do you know of doll24 that you want to enlighten me/us on?

#7 doll24

doll24
  • Contributing Member

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

Haha, glad that this is helping someone Posted Image .
1249, I REALLY should be working right now, so I'll have a think about it later...but I'm sure I've got some....I'm the type of person who always searches for the easiest / most efficient way to do things (I love help files!!)...those 2 things are probably the best on Pandys though :).

#8 doll24

doll24
  • Contributing Member

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:16 AM

Just bumping this up as I'd really appreciate some help with this question if anyone has any ideas!

#9 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hi doll24,
What do you mean as the difference between when you signed in versus when you were last online? Do you mean that the new content populated itself from the time you log in onward - like if you're online for 20 minutes and you check it, it'll show all new posts from the last 20 minutes?

I think that feature populates the content using cookies, so it would make sense if the board can't tell when you were last online, and so can't populate the list with all new content since you were last online. Sorry!

Melinda

#10 doll24

doll24
  • Contributing Member

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:45 AM

Thanks Melinda, but I know that it usually does recognise the last time I was on-line on Pandys. For example, tonight I didnt have to sign in, it just opened the PAndy's forum automatically for me. And the 'view new content' is showing everything since 9pm last night when I was last on Pandy's.

But if I was to actually have to sign in to Pandy's from my computer (ie. type my username and password as it asks me to from time to time) and then go into 'view new content' it would say that there is no new posts (ie, it is only showing new content from when I signed in).

However if I was to type my username and password in on my work computer and got 'view new content' it would show me all the posts that have been made since 9pm last night when I was actually last online.

Sorry if this is too confusing. Never mind!

#11 Melinda

Melinda
  • from LittleGirlLost to a woman found

• Contributing Member

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

I'm just not sure if it goes by the cache or cookies or what, sorry! But that would make sense if it works on one computer, but not on another, and if it happens after you have to log in again, when you had set it to remember you (and it obviously "forgot" you).

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.