Photo

problems getting into chat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sue3

Sue3

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

I am unable to enter chat since the new guidelines were implemented. I keep getting an "error" alert and a note saying I am not eligible to enter although I have met the guidelines to the best of my knowledge. Could someone please contact me concerning me. I have PM'd mods and so far have had no replies . Thank you

#2 Onetofortynine

Onetofortynine
  • My Personal coat of Arms

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:59 AM

I think you have to have 10 posts ...

Please note you must post ten (10) times on the board and have been a member for at least one week before being able to access chat.

* Pandora's Aquarium
* > Administration
* > chat
Why do I have to meet certain requirements before I can access chat?

Edited by Onetofortynine, 23 March 2010 - 05:06 AM.

#3 Charleigh

Charleigh
  • Chat mod

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:27 AM

Survived,

Since you joined before March 22 you don't need 10 posts. The mods and chatterators are probably slammed with requests at the moment. If you don't hear from anyone by the end of the day send them another message

#4 kitten2102

kitten2102

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

Hi

Have you asked permission to be able to chat - according to the post Changes to Chat Guidelines we now need to PM a mod and provide certian information to gain access to chat

chat is now available by request only. This affects everyone. If you would like access to the chat room, you must read the chat guidelines thoroughly and PM a board mod or chatterator. You'll need to send us a message that confirms the following:

1) The date that you joined Pandy's.
2) The number of posts you have made.
3) That you have read and understood the chat room guidelines.
4) That you agree not to use the chat PM system unless its to talk directly to a chat moderator.
5) That you will remain respectful of all members and Pandy's staff members.

The people who have the ability to give you access to the chat room are AJ, Sasha, Cadence, Katy, Jes, Ash, Jackie, Kate, Kristy, Melinda, and Sadie. You will be approved more quickly if use the help desk or if you PM several people at once.

Hope this helps

From Kitten

#5 Lavender

Lavender

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hi i joined before the 22nd march and can't access chat.

#6 Cadence

Cadence
  • rebel without a clue

• Contributing Member

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi survived,

You should be all set to get into chat. Please let us know if you are continuing to have difficulties getting in.

Lavender, please take a look at this post for more information about how to request access for chat.

Hope that helps!

-Cadence

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.