Photo

Anybody else have weird triggers?

• Please log in to reply
820 replies to this topic

#661 scrawf

scrawf

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

a recent one that's developed has been "how i met your mother"
not always but some episodes just make me really upset and my mind starts racing

#662 Ryah

Ryah

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

I was curious to see someone else calls themself "little girl lost" as I have always said that if I ever wrote a book I would call it Little Girl Lost. I was physically (not sexually) and mentally abused by my father until I was l8 and moved out of my house. He was never mad at me he was mad at my mother and took it out on my sister and I. There was a VERY traumatic incident when I was l8 that involved a gun. I have never felt that I am good enough. I always feel alone inside and empty. I feel like a failure even though I have done and accomplished many good things in my life. Don't think I will ever feel worthy or good. Was sexually abused a week ago by a neighbor. I am now 59 years old and am still trying to figure out exactly how to feel. Was married 36 years with no actual abuse...just husband was at work all the time and I raised our 2 children basically alone. After a divorce I met the most mentally abusive person I have ever been around in my life. I spent l2 years taking this abuse...all mental except one occasion of fracturing my cheek. I seem to have a hard time leaving people who treat me like I am no one. I I sworn to myself that I will NEVER do that again. I will live alone and enjoy friends and family. Men represent sadness to me.

Ryah

#663 Seanna

Seanna
  • Seanna

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

The color Country Blue. The couch I stared at to hypnotise myself and dissociate was that color.
Loud noises
a man's loud tone in his voice (even though I can't stand a quiet man) - so weird.
Having my back open and available to be walked up behind.
crowds
the smell of black licorice.

#664 Gibs

Gibs

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Cabbage patch dolls....
a certain foam mattress
Ants (yes the little bug)
The song Informer by snow
and there are a few places in town that cause triggers for me

#665 ~Lily

~Lily
  • Lily and co. =)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Can only say Star Wars and Blue Ford Fiestas right now.

#666 bubbaj

bubbaj

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hi there. my triggers include: being forced on to a bed, really bad since my current boyfriend thinks its fun, seeing my old house, being grabbed on the back of my neck, sleeping in the same bed as my boyfriend, anyone called matt, colin or rodney. Alcohol triggers me really bad, whether im drinking or other people are, especially if they offer to make me one.

#667 lucy

lucy
  • Taking my mask off and trying to like who I see in the mirror

• Section Moderator

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Massive hoop earrings

#668 darane_svatura

darane_svatura
  • Hopeful

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hm, I seem to have bunches of rather odd ones. Specifically:
Joss sticks
Jumper cables
Pink Floyd
Sharing drinks
Beetles (the car)

I know there's more but I can't seem to think of them right now.

#669 lucy

lucy
  • Taking my mask off and trying to like who I see in the mirror

• Section Moderator

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

A bed sheet that is half on and half off
Purple ceilings
Patterned glass

#670 KOD

KOD
  • King of Darkness

• M Member

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

My old job, certain songs too painful to name, blue moon, seat belts, and I haven't found all mine yet

#671 PrincessBee

PrincessBee

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

haircuts, sticky-tape, aftershave smell, orange soda, smell alcohol.
And coldness.

#672 livelovesmile

livelovesmile

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Being naked
Not wearing a bra
Money
His handwriting
Men in positions of trust (ie: teachers, therapists, family)

#673 marlene49

marlene49

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Last week... in a dentist's chair, resulting in a full blown panic attack and thinking that I was crazy.

#674 Cherline

Cherline

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Whenever I hear about bishop Vangheluwe (I really think I can name him because what he did is public), who commited CSA and gave an interview last year that re-traumatized me.
Fire stairs and stair workers, the underground, police series, police in general, gyneacologists (which is not that weird), people who yell or raise their voices, sometimes music, train stations (especially in the capital city), sometimes men in trust positions, sometimes being alone at home (especially when it's dark or raining outside), people who keep saying they love me and expect me to do so, low ceilings, doing self defence exercises, being called 'slut' or other names on the street,...

EDIT: I was brought aware about the fact that Vangheluwe is not well-known (in an international context). He did admit having abused kids. This is the wikipedia page on him:
http://en.wikipedia....oger_Vangheluwe

Please take care when reading it; it can trigger. You can also find bbc articles about him; just google 'vangheluwe bbc' or something.

Edited by Cherline, 16 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#675 MunaAine

MunaAine

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

Wierdest trigger ever: tomatoes! It's terrible since I want to live in Belize when I graduate, but at least I'm starting to get better with it.

Other weird ones: lying on wood floors, orange ceiling lights, big hands, "Ain't that America" song, unfortunately Nora Jones, and people with moles in their eyes.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.