Transit vans
People telling me what to do

Lucy

#632 jdam

jdam
  • My heart still fluttersby...

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

photos of myself as a child ....and my baby sisterPosted Image

Edited by jdam, 20 July 2011 - 07:59 AM.

#633 BladeDancer

BladeDancer

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

i don't think mine are that weird, but i do have some
* older men
* the feeling of a mustache or beard ( my boyfriend doesn't know why i always want him to shave, he's so sweet tho :))
* people standing behind me especially while sitting and especially guys
* anyone i don't now really well touching me, even if its a girl trying to hug me in a friendly way
* i almost completely flip out when an older guy puts his hand on my shoulder. i know they don't mean it like that, but still
* being in a crowd, school hallways are terrible. i've gotten a lot better, and it's slowly disappearing so great rejoicing
* naive adults who just think the whole world is rosy. I want to shake them and tell them to pay attention!!! It's pretty pathetic, but it's a mix of me being bitter they can think that and wanting to keep them that way so they dont have to suffer too. in a way they make me feel like a protective parent over them even when they're older than me

those triggers i can handle well enough that people just think im anti-social, but when i hear about someone getting hurt in any kind of SA i freak out. im talking on-the-verge-of-putting-a-hole-through-the-wall angry and really upset i cant do anything about it. (i considered getting a punching bag but my apartment wouldn't appreciate that)it always drags up memories and i wish i could somehow just stop everyone from getting hurt.

sorry for the long list - -"

#634 JacquiLeigh

JacquiLeigh
  • A new outlook on life.

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

-my feet being grabbed
-the smell of bean and cheese frozen burritos cooking
-sudden movements
-seeing angry eyes, man or woman
-Winterfresh gum
-the smell of motor oil
-hearing thuds and creeks when I'm in the shower
-people coming up behind me
-hispanic men with certain facial features

So there's a few.
:blink:

#635 beckilucy

beckilucy

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

if i find condoms in my room i freak out... they are obviosly still wrapped but i get worried someone had sex with me in the middle of the night and i make things up in my head. its traumatic. and i feel depressed..

#636 lmvjohnson

lmvjohnson
  • Contributing Member

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hmmmm...

Excema on hands and the feel of rough skin
Rape scenes on tv
Having my wrists held
Being 'trapped' under my duvet

And I'm sure their is more just eluding me at the moment!

#637 SunbulDynamite

SunbulDynamite

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

The Thomas the Tank Engine theme tune (yay, alliteration!), young girls playing with older women, and any situation in which I have to hug several people in a short amount of time (family gatherings are the worst... I have to hug around fifty people in five minutes, I absolutely hate it.)

#638 butterflydreamer

butterflydreamer

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

Swearing, particularly when someone is angry
Not feeling like I am in control
Cigarette smoke, I can't stand the smell
Pepsi the drink
Being outside at night either alone or surrounded by a number of people I don't know

#639 maddyrawr

maddyrawr
  • Overachiever :)

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

some of mine are:

Touching (even hugs)
Holding my wrists
Fingernails and hands that look delicate and not "very manly" (if that made sense)
Almonds
Chevy trucks
Motorcycles
Men+teen boys
Anything that makes me think of the situation or any of these things ive listed will make me uncomfortable. And at school especially if i daydream and think about it, it get awkward for me.

#640 jtberg2002

jtberg2002

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

this is my first time posting so here goes

the smell of dying honeysuckles - it was that time of year
anything wet on my face, espcially someone licking me - think I know why
lying down in public (face down or face up)no idea why - it doesn't fit the scenerio
people telling me that something I am upset about isn't a big deal
anything on my neck
fooling around while standing up
not feeling like I am good enough and lots of compliments (its a hard place to be)
The movie Wild at Heart - there is a hotel room scene that made me run away
The songs "Yesterday" by the Beatles, "Time after Time" by Cindy Lauper and "Jaine's Got a Gun" - I have no idea why for any of them
Fake wood paneling especially in basements - that's where I was
Driving - I have no idea why
A co-worker - he creeps me out
Young girls playing outside without an adult around - I want to warn them

I feel like there are more - lots of things make me feel small but I never know what they are

Edited by jtberg2002, 26 September 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#641 Lauren21

Lauren21

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Now I'm not sure if all my triggers are from the most recent trauma or from my childhood trauma's...

-dark
-shadows
-walking up stairs at night
-hearing the light switch off
-hearing people walk around on the floor below me... huge problem since I now live in an apartment
-seeing young girls with older men
-the sound of zippers
-hearing diesel trucks
-hearing car doors shut
-seeing a red truck
-hearing someone in pain or trying to struggle... I'm a nurse so this is a problem

#642 Lisa_T

Lisa_T

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

Adalaide_Girl - You mentioned Sex stuff on tv, magazines (like girl magazines and underwear catalouges), pop up internet screens.

This is me too, it's very odd...not only just seeing that stuff, but when my partner is looking at that stuff too.

#643 joyrider

joyrider

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

I can only think of one... my bf is asian and speaks mandarin ( i am asian too) with a thick accent so when I hear people speaking it, I get reminded of him and of it. I feel uncomfortable but not incapacitated. Not a panic attack, but just wanting to get away from it.

#644 constantvariable

constantvariable

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

I don't know if I have any that are "weird"... probably pretty typical ones, I guess.

People - men only, really - that are mad/agnry/raising their vioce...
Certain types of guys - really aggressive guys...
Being touched anywhere around my neck.
There are a lot of triggers... occasionally, I encounter a new one - something i've not dealt with before and therefor didn't realize it would be a trigger...

#645 HealedbyGod

HealedbyGod

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

being touched or grabbed from behind
certain flavors of bubble gum
a closet being open when the room is dark
anybody saying 'let's play a game'
skittles used to be one but not really much anymore
people making out
and the really weird one is a major one too
hide and seek. it takes everything in me not to panic if asked to play (i volunteer with junior highers and used to work at a daycare)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.