Photo

Memories

Posted by unicorn4 , in memory 18 August 2011 · 69 views

I just joined this website a little over a month ago with only one vague memory of what happened and some really messed up feelings. Between reading the articles on the site and the forums, a lot of new memories have been showing up. It's what I wanted, so I can't complain from that respect, but it's also incredibly overwhelming.

Just a few weeks ago I only had a small idea of what took place which caused me to completely doubt myself all the time and now I have a huge handful of memories and am very sure that I'm not completely nuts. I didn't expect it to happen this fast. A part of me is happy about it but another part of me is really frustrated. I haven't had much of an appetite. I've had to force myself to eat more often than not. My sleeping schedule is all out of whack and I spend most of my days struggling to focus and being angry and irritable all the time.

I don't want it to stop, exactly. I don't even want it to slow down. I need these memories for things to get a little better. But I also need sanity. So I guess I just wanted to vent about how frustrating and difficult this has been :/ I'm really not sure how to deal with it.

I really want to respond to this post in a good way but right now I can only say I've heard and totally understand.

I really want to respond to this post in a good way but right now I can only say I've heard and totally understand.

I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry about the memories. They will come when they're ready. It takes as long as it takes. It SUCKS, because there is no timeline. Everyone is different. The maddening thing is that it has to unfold in it's own time. The best thing you can do is be kind to yourself. As kind or kinder than you would to a good friend going through the same thing. Surround yourself with love and support and know that you are a warrior. Those people who go out seeking "extreme" sports or experiences? FEH. They've got nothing on us. This is the stuff that takes REAL courage.

Thanks so much for the support. Hehe, I am one of those people that like extreme sports sometimes though :P

October 2014

S M T W T F S
192021 22 232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    Trust
    vjammiez - Aug 28 2011 10:13 AM
  • Photo
    Memories
    unicorn4 - Aug 19 2011 06:16 PM
  • Photo
    Memories
    unicorn4 - Aug 19 2011 06:15 PM
  • Photo
    Memories
    Zelda - Aug 18 2011 04:02 PM

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.