Photo

Letter to another of his 'victims'

Posted by MissHannah , 01 October 2012 · 41 views

*Tw, one swear word, one mention of d****h

Dear S,

When you told me what little M had managed to say, my heart sank. I was surprised you did, we hadn't seen each other since we were little. Maybe just because he has been a part of both of our lives, maybe you just needed to say it to someone.
I can't bare the thought of it, of him taking advantage of that little boy's condition. Of course i wish more than anything that none of these things happened. But they did.

I felt sick when i heard that, and i wondered if you suffered too. Even then it didn't register in my mind how wrong what he done to me was. I wish it had. This letter is going to be full of wishes that i know can't come true.

I wish when someone walked in and i was questioned about what he was doing, i could have told. I can't help thinking maybe M wouldn't have been hurt too.

I wish when you told me about M, i had spoken up then.

I wish for everyday i didn't tell that those days didn't exist.

I know there was people looking into it a few years ago but i don't think you were ready.

What made me finally speak up, im still not sure. The only reason i can give, ironically, was in the chance it might save someone else from being hurt.

When i did, i told my mum who told the police. You decided you were ready to report him too.

I felt guilty, maybe i brought all this back for you, maybe you felt you had to do it. I hope you still think it was the right thing to do.
I admire your strength for simply turning up to court that day, my relationship with him was different to yours. I would never want to patronise you but in my eyes its a million times worse for you.
Because of who he is.

To face him and who was there, how you done it i have no idea. Your an incredible person, without really knowing anything about you, i know that.

I always thought your story would be like mine, about a child. It wasn't, in court all i heard about yours was your age. Unless theres more to your story?

Today i've spent the day wondering if at any point i would have told, would it have meant you didn't suffer?
I know i can't keep looking for ways i could have saved you. I have to accept that.

Please know, if i had understood then i would have told. When i was ready to tell i was too late.

Logically i know i can't blame myself but that doesn't make these words any less sincere. Im sorry he hurt M, im sorry he hurt you too. Im sorry i was silent. Im sorry you had to have him in your life.

I cried for you today, really cried. That probably sounds silly but its true. Listening to 'kristy are you okay' i think thats the name of the song.
Though we mean nothing to each other, i feel pain for you knowing you understand every feeling i have.

Sometimes i want to get in touch. I wouldn't, for so many reasons. I just hope you know theres someone out there that understands.

I wish you so much happiness in your life, you truly deserve it.

Last thing i want to say to you is thank you, from the bottom of my heart. If you hadn't reported when i did im not sure i would have been able to go through with it.
You wouldn't know it but you and M were my strength everyday, from when i gave my statement til i walked into that court room.
When i felt i couldn't, didn't deserve to, wouldn't be heard and all the other doubts, i thought of you.
When i felt like i couldn't breathe and was going to d*e at the thought of standing up there, i thought of you.

You came forward, after trying to before i wasn't ever going to let that be in vain.
There was no way in hell i was letting you be there alone, how i felt was horrific but i can't imagine what it was like for you. Its one of the hardest moments in my life, i imagine the same goes for you.

What else i can say i don't know.

I hope your life and mine can be a big fuck you too him, even if that seems impossible now. He knows he didn't win, i hope one day he'll see it too.

I have no other words right now.

H x

I am so sorry for your pain and suffering. Blessings

December 2014

S M T W T F S
28 293031   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.