New book available for survivors

sister

"Curiosity Killed the Caterpillar" is a fictional story that does not use a "workbook" type approach to healing. It includes over 100 self soothing and grounding techniques that can be helpful for anyone who experiences difficulty with emotional regulation. The book includes space for journalling in the back so readers can add things that they find helpful too.

This is an excellent tool for those who become triggered easily by "real words", because it uses metaphors from nature that anyone can relate to, and does not directly refer to CSA or incest within the context of the story. Rather, teaches the reader how to interpret his/her own internal cues and begin to implement self soothing techniques.

I experienced this book as being directed to the wounded inner child part in myself, and I also think it could be effective for children.

It can be ordered through Amazon.com or http://www.createspace.com/3464620

I hope you find this helpful too,

Much Love,

Sister

"Curiosity Killed the Caterpillar" is a fictional story that does not use a "workbook" type approach to healing. It includes over 100 self soothing and grounding techniques that can be helpful for anyone who experiences difficulty with emotional regulation. The book includes space for journalling in the back so readers can add things that they find helpful too.

This is an excellent tool for those who become triggered easily by "real words", because it uses metaphors from nature that anyone can relate to, and does not directly refer to CSA or incest within the context of the story. Rather, teaches the reader how to interpret his/her own internal cues and begin to implement self soothing techniques.

I experienced this book as being directed to the wounded inner child part in myself, and I also think it could be effective for children.

It can be ordered through Amazon.com or https://www.createspace.com/3464620

I hope you find this helpful too,

Much Love,

Sister

Thank you so much. Will check it out :)

loveinflames

this sounds really cool and helpful, thank you so much for sharing it :)

• 4 weeks later...

it sounds interesting, might have to get it... is it in the pandy's libery to borrow?

• 9 years later...

We aren't running the Pandy's library anymore.  It had ti stop several years ago because we didn't have enough staff or find either to do all of thepacking and mailing.  I don't know that there are any plans to get it started again right now.  

Take care

Patricia