Photo

First post.

Posted by Ludditesunited , 30 September 2013 · 92 views

I have been itching to write.

I have sort of been inspired by the honest obit I read where the surviving children called their mother abusive.

I am not sure I could write one so scathing, but i could write an honest one nonetheless.

I will start out on this blog.

Why did I divorce my family?

They're not entirely supportive. One set of aunts or uncles are, but they are in a different country. The rest shove their head in the sand about the abuse.

I am considered the family thief. No one ever considers that my accuser, my mother should have 10 more fingers pointing back at her.

I was a called a thief when I asked my mother to borrow her swimsuit, and she accused me having some sort of conspiracy to steal it. I then found myself on the streets. I was 16 years old.

Being an unemancipated teen really sucked because I was dependent on a guardian to help me, yet the agencies that were supposed to give me some sort of reliable guardian, failed to help me.

Being homeless as a teen was not bad. Living at home was much worse for me.

Flashback

A teen is grabbing at me. He is grabbing at my breasts. I go to pull away from him but I can't move because he is grabbing to hard. When I move away from him he grabs my hood, and yanks me back. This is how "the sex" goes that night. I am clearly traumatized.

My family at the time has kicked me out of the house. I'm considered a runaway. So I try to go home, but get kicked back out. I impose on them this time I urgently need a home. I go home and my mother gets my brother to beat me and tries to have me committed. I am treated as a difficult daughter so nothing is ever done. The more I act out afterwards the more everything is blamed on me just being a bad kid.

Life goes to shit after that.

Flash forward a year.

My aunt is in the kitchen telling me how horrible I am to my mother. That I frightened her when I "ran away."

My mother lied. I got put out over wanting to borrow a bathing suit. The next time I got thrown out for staying over at a friends. I would call her and ask to come home. I think I felt a strange sense of duty to her, so I tried to stay in touch. I think this aspect of emotional abuse affected me deeply. I still feel like I have trouble with trust. I feel like I will never have a sense of normalcy, whatever that is.

Flash forward 8 years.

I am coming home from another country. My mother is losing it. She calls me a liar when ever I speak to her, and hangs up on me. She tells me I am an embarrassment to her. My brother joins in the madness. I ask my mother why he is behaving like that, I haven't done anything wrong. She says he is protecting her from me.

I think, no, he is your henchman protecting you from yourself, and your twisted projections.

And here I think my mother is toxic yet yours is far worse. I am sorry for all your pain.

The bond of mother and child is a deep and complicated relationship in the best of times. When the abuser is a parent especially a mother it becomes more complicated and carries so much pain.

I am glad you found Pandys and I hope it as helpful to you as it has been for me.

I hope you are in a safe place and taking good care of you. :metoyou:
Photo
Ludditesunited
Oct 01 2013 06:18 AM
Thank you bellachai :)
:butterfly:

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.