Photo

Hating "society" more than the abusers

Posted by Tillit , 05 July 2012 · 39 views

Anyone else here hate certain people more than they hate r****ists?

The ones who don't believe survivors when they open up, or who blame the victims or make up all sorts of excuses for the perpetrator. The police and court system that so often fails to do its job in the first place, or aquits perps for the most outrageous reasons, or hand out ridiculously short sentences. 'Cause there's one simple fact that we just cannot get around here:

If it weren't for this kind of people, there wouldn't be as many rapes in the first place.

If potential abusers knew there was a high propability that victims reported; if survivors could speak without fear of being shamed or accused of making things up; and if perpetrators received proper sentences (I know that in some places they do, but that's not the case here in Norway) -- then there would be far, far less sexual assault in the world to begin with. You may hate r**ists all you want (trust me, I do too) but if society didn't permit and excuse SA as much as it does, trust me, it'd be far less common.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Not at all. I feel exactly the same.
Tillit.

You are right. If we didn't have a "rape society", we wouldn't have so many rapists. My first rapist was a known offender. Over 40 years later and he hasn't faced charges yet. On the other hand, my life is totally different than the one I envisioned. - 3X
Photo
astralvigilante
Jul 05 2012 10:01 AM
I feel the same way and I live in the United States.
Thanks for the replies. I expected to see a notification when people commented, so I thought no one had replied.
Good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

October 2014

S M T W T F S
2627282930 31  

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.