Stalking

NotYetHealed

Meh. From experience, cyberstalking can hurt a lot, especially if you're already terrified about leaving your room. :( It's bad enough to have people on campus who think it's funny to make you scared by following you around... if you're not safe in your room, on your computer... it's really not fun. :tear: But thankfully, three email/IM changes later, I seem to have shaken most of the online people (most). :)

ChristineMarie

Louise, thank you so much for all the information. I never considered what my last perp did as stalking. Now after reading your information, it seems more like that is what he did. I was real good friends with his younger sister, and they were also my neighbors. He was always around, always following me, and trying to get me alone. I see now, I think that he was a stalker.

Edited by christinevght

• 2 months later...

I wanted to say thank you for this information as well. I don't know if it would count but my state says putting someone under surveillance counts as stalking... and I wonder if that can be said for constantly hitting someone's Web site and trying to use that as ways to get more information about someone. My b-father and b-brother have been doing that the past two months since I got the police involved and had them tell my b-brother to stop contacting me.

danusia007

I wish that the police would follow me instead of my stalker to be continued

Shortly after being stalked by that creepy psycho Army Ranger, some guy tried to get me to get into his car. He even offered me money for sex. :tear: A (now former) "friend" told me that I should be flattered from the attention and that she wished something like that would happen to her! :blink:

I can't believe that people consider stalking and sexual harrassment flattering! The same thing happened to me Sheri. The guy opened the window of his car as I walked by and told me he'd give money if I *****. It triggered me badly. My mind went blank. I had to get in a taxi to go back home. It was only a two-block walk but when I'm really depressed, I just don't... understand my surroundings. I get easily lost. I can't even read maps. :(

I'm sorry these things happend to all of you and hope all stalkers get caught.

Camellia

Edited by scamellia

• 9 years later...

I found on this topic that I have erotomania. Grateful To God I know now.

So much I have on my back. I reject so much my family for the abuse they make and hiw they make me feel. 

I came on the forum to overcome and understand this sexual arousal I feel everyday with so much intensity . I try to embrace healing. 

I will pray to God everyday. "Dear God please make me se reality. Please Dear God I no longer want to suffer. 

• 3 months later...

I was 20 when someone was stalking me online, I had seen him around shortly in middle school but didn't know him much. It started on facebook after  I tried to add him. I believe he did it to feel power and intimidate. I remember someone would type in phone conversations I had with a friend in the private messages and send, just to make aware that I knew someone was hearing me.  I didn't know who it was until he updated statuses from my blog on his twitter. My profiles still continued to have strange things going on with it for more than a year after this happened. That was some years ago.  

I used to hear the same things from people , things like " you should be flattered" or " no he isnt doing anything " . I am glad it's over now, but I wish I came across this article back then. I would be more informed. 

Edited by Angelical

• 7 months later...

Thank you for posting this. I really needed to read this. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD because of multiple times being r*ped in my life, and being in an abusive marriage, and I never really attributed the fact that I was also a victim of a stalker at 17 as trauma leading to my PTSD as well. I guess I have more trauma to process than I realized. This was a very helpful post.

• 4 months later...
Guest Lea92

"You should be flattered" Well Im not!  I have had people say this about my stalker, I have had this said about guys that were so persistant and wouldn't take no for an answer, I have had it said to me when guys whistle and should things on the street (one that comes to mind was "Here Pussy Pussy").  It is not flattering, it is unwanted and it is an aggressive power move.  Normal people do not do this to others.  A person in a mutually respectful relationships that compliments you is flattering.  A person who has a crush on you is flattering (if they don't get pushy or creepy about it).  Someone creeping around and making you unsafe isn't.  It is power and it can paralyze a victim with fear.  I had a stalker in high school.  It turned out he was a customer at the store I worked at.  Once I knew who he was he became quite visible.  He and his friends waited for me after school, they would wait outside my work at midnight for me to lock up, they would call, send things like pizza, cabs, and dolls to my house.  They even came Christmas carolling.  It was so creepy, I was always looking over my shoulder and my parents wouldn't let me go anywhere. When I went away to University he would know when I was home for a weekend and it would start back up again.  It was 20 years ago and still to this day I am afraid he will see me again and bother me or my family.  My friends would say oh he likes you.  Funny I didn't feel liked, nor do I believe he was trying to get me to like him.  He was controlling me.   

• 3 years later...

I've been approached several times over the course of a couple years by the same person. I never realized he was a stalker until this year ( the beginning of summer) as my memory of him flashbacked his creep vibes. His first time approaching me was in a secluded part of the park and I talked to him briefly until having to walk away because he was clearly a creep. I can recall some of my thoughts on that day, years ago. Did he know that I was walking in this direction? I don't think he was just going on a walk but he pretended to be on a walk just to try talking to me. I was very active in walking/jogging at the time and would go to the park frequently. I was laying in the middle of the field where the secluded part of the park is one day minding my own business tanning and he literally walked up to me trying to talk to me but i just lay there with no response (remembering who he was) and he finally left. There were probably a few more scenarios where he was in that secluded part.. but those two were very remember-able. This year at the beginning of summer, it was clear he was stalking. He approached me, parking ahead of the direction i was going. He stood several feet away from his car acting as if he was stretching for a run and tried to start a conversation with me. I immediately had flashbacks to who he was and didn't respond and kept walking. i turned around in hopes he wasn't following me as i saw his brown/tan car driving away in the other direction. The words he spoke made it clear that he was watching me that day. I luckily didn't go into the secluded part of the woods as this time it was more open but he got impatient. I didn't go outside into the park for an entire month but now have overcome this fear. The guys skin was white as a ghost and always had sunglasses on. making it hard to describe. I never reported it as i'm kind of scared of police but i think there has been an undercover cop sitting at the secluded area for awhile now.

Sending support. I am sure it is felt scary to know someone was watching you. I hope there is an undercover officer in the area. You deserve to feel safe and to be safe. It is very possible that he has been interacting with others in the same way and that is why there may be an officer in the area.

I very much understand feeling afraid to report. If you ever do want to report, it can help a lot to have a friend or loved one accompany you to the police station.

Thinking of you.

• 1 year later...