Photo

don't know what to put here...at moment...

Posted by sandra18 , 18 March 2012 · 74 views

I was raped about two years ago, I see him still in town at times still makes me feel suppose bit intimadated and un comfortable. I try too move on with my life. I recently tried to explain a bit more on how I feel to a close friend who is male. I hadn't seen him for a while till week after last, I was trying to explain to him that I knew why he was avoiding me. He acted like what? But I knew, it was too do with what I told him. I don't know weather he can't handle it or doesn't want to know.I got a bit upset, he hugged me and showed liked he cared but then his attitude was diffrent in thee way of its in thee past and acted as if he rather not know. I suppose many guys can be like that, but it can be fraustrating. When no one seems to understand. It feels like he doesn't understand. I feel that with a lot of people, my sister was with me in town last week and I seen him (predator) and she thought I was being silly with thee way I was being. Then came home and said it to my mum what happened as if I was being ridiculous but they don't seem to understand. That's why I think its good to talk with other survivors at times. I recently seen thee advertisment for rape a wee while ago. I think it is good to show some people, how it can happened and make them think would you do this. But it just reminds me at times and I feel for thee girl for I know how it feels. I just cry at times as if...I don't know if you know were I'm coming from? I appreciate you reading this, I appreciate your replys and comments =] thank you sandra

Photo
laurenbacall
Sep 25 2013 08:02 AM
suppose many guys can be like that, but it can be fraustrating. When no one seems to understand. It feels like he doesn't understand. I feel that with a lot of people, my sister was with me in town last week and I seen him (predator) and she thought I was being silly with thee way I was being. Then came home and said it to my mum what happened as if I was being ridiculous but they don't seem to understand.

+ I get it totally as far as people not knowing or understanding rape. It is like talking to someone who does not speak the language I speak. It is so awful. I am sorry that happened to you. Most folks aren't even comfortable talking about SEX. They pretend that they don't do it or never ever did. parents are real adept at this. I too cry at times about it. I was sexually assaulted in college by a person who befriended me. Some friend. And he blamed it all on me, like all perp's do and like all perp's he called it love. Some love. Love in all the wrong places and times.
I am sorry you have to see him in town. You are brave and of great courage. I don't think I could handle not wanting to go up to the person and say something as I would be so angry. But I wouldn't to avoid the trauma and pain of it all. take gentle care

July 2014

S M T W T F S
13 141516171819

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.