Photo

struggling some....

Posted by missophelia , 15 February 2014 · 101 views

I have been struggling some.  Quite a bit at times over the past several days.

I did talk about this with Dr K in my last session.  I don't understand, and at the same time, I do understand how the trauma from the accident has affected me. 

The trauma from this accident has brought up so much for me about the rapes.

I suppose it is a good thing to write about it.  Dr K and I talked about that.  Talking about it, writing about it.  If I keep doing those things, eventually those things will take away some of the impact that the trauma has on me.  The more you face something, talk about it, write about it, express it through art or song, or whatever your method, the less of a hold the trauma has over you.

Or something like that.

If that makes sense.

The first 24 hours or so after the accident, I was pretty much numb to it.  In shock.  Physically and emotionally.  It's only been this past week since the accident that I have really started to feel the physical pain.  And only the past few days that I have really started to feel the impact on an emotional level.

I would have to say that those things that are impacting me most now, and bringing up thoughts and feelings and memories from the rapes, are the following.

Loss of control.  Having a man sitting behind me holding my head.  Having to deal with state trouper in his uniform.  Many men around me, just in general, both at the accident scene, and in the hospital.  Feelings of fear and vulnerability.  Feeling numb, and in shock.  And, some of the physical pain, because during and after the rapes there was physical pain involved.

More may spring up for me in the next few days.  I am not looking forward to that.

I had a nightmare the other night, and I had it again last night.  And anyone who has known me here for a long amount of time will know I struggled with this nightmare for a long time, right around the time that I first started therapy. 

I see his stare.  Him staring at me.  His hateful stare.  And hear his breathing.  That's all there is.  Just him staring at me, just his hateful staring face from out of the darkness.  That, and the sound of him breathing.  And then I wake up.

So that is what I have been struggling with.  All of that, and dealing with the very real possibility that I could have been killed when that tractor trailer plowed into the back of my car.

Namaste

(((missophelia))) I understand how incredibly difficult all of these emotions and visions/memories must be for you. I'm so very grateful you're here my friend! I do believe talking, writing, usine art or music to convey your emotions regarding any trauma removes the power it holds - so keep up the great work!

Much Love! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

August 2015

S M T W T F S
23 4 5678

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1), Bing (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

3 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1), Bing (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.