Photo

What to do?

Posted by Szilvia , 16 July 2012 · 48 views

I can't cope today. I feel overwhelmed with life...with everything. In moments like this I don't know what to do with myself. I find nothing makes me feel better for more than a moment or two. A moment doesn't last very long. It passes so quickly. I feel like I'm going mad. I want to crawl out of my skin...out of my body. I don't know what to do.

I'm sure someone else out there must feel this way from time to time. Please, tell me...what do you do when this happens? How can I overcome this? I feel paralyzed by these emotions. I feel tense, vulnerable, anxious...a deep sadness. I don't know how else to describe it. I don't believe in mental health meds as they are a band-aid to underlying issues, not that I've been given any. I don't have a psychiatrist, nor do I wish to have one. I believe in mind over matter, but in instances like this... I don't know what the fuck to do with myself.

I'm looking for input. I want to overcome these feelings without going fucking nuts.

Thanks...

Photo
HeavensDaughter
Jul 16 2012 09:29 PM
I understand. I get that way too and it does make me feel nuts. I never would think about taking mental health meds either. I knew exactly why I felt the way I did, my life. Living with an abusive husband is enough to make anyone nuts! But, someone pointed out that sometimes the meds will help while the circumstances in my life does this to me. I hated feeling like that SO much, I called my family dr and he called me in 2 prescriptions ..an anti-anxiety & an anti-depressant. That was a week ago and I'm starting to remember who I used to be!! I'm relaxing, & thats allowing me to be happy again. I dont plan on being on the meds forever, but when my allergies act up..I take benedryl. Why would my mind be any different??
Thank you both. I appreciate that. It's good to get some feedback. I feel better today, but yesterday was rough on my emotions.

Take care.
Ciao...xo,
Szil

October 2014

S M T W T F S
192021 22 232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.