Photo

Thank you Alanis!

Posted by TrudyC , 23 August 2011 · 40 views

Sometimes - not often - a song comes along I feel a strong connection to. I have recently been listening to some old cd's I came across recently - and belted Alanis Morrisette's CD "Jagged Little Pill" whilst spring cleaning (to stay warm lol).

But this song, titled "Perfect" is the perfect way to describe what it was like for me growing up. Although my mother spent most of my pre-teen years ignoring me. Once my sister moved out, the expectations were on me, and boy did I cop it all. I had a go at trying to live with my father, then realised that his alcoholism was more important to him than I was - even though one night I overheard him asking a neighbour if he would pay him to have a go at me, sniggering that I was still a virgin and would be worth at least a bottle of "good whiskey" :blink: How little he knew...How little he knew :tear:

Well, I hope you don't mind my sharing these lyrics here - I love the song even more...

Perfect - by Alanis Morrisette...

Sometimes is never quite enough
If you're flawless, then you'll win my love
Don't forget to win first place
Don't forget to keep that smile on your face

Be a good boy
Try a little harder
You've got to measure up
And make me prouder

How long before you screw it up
How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up
With everything I do for you
The least you can do is keep quiet

Be a good girl
You've gotta try a little harder
That simply wasn't good enough
To make us proud

I'll live through you
I'll make you what I never was
If you're the best, then maybe so am I
Compared to him compared to her
I'm doing this for your own damn good
You'll make up for what I blew
What's the problem...why are you crying

Be a good boy
Push a little farther now
That wasn't fast enough
To make us happy
We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect

Take Care
Trudy

Photo
shortcake1981
Aug 23 2011 10:00 PM
OMG!! I effin' love that song! I was just screaming it at the top of my lungs in my head while reading the lyrics. lol It is a perfect song to belt out frustrations to. My other personal favorite on that cd was I'm not sure if its the title but "so we did"? don't think thats right but anyway, Thanks!

July 2014

S M T W T F S
20212223 24 2526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.