Photo

Why is every guy i know a jerk?

Posted by radarlove , 28 July 2013 · 133 views

I talked to my ex on the phone tonight. We've stayed friends over the years and always give each other relationship advice. But tonight I told him about how my close guy friend fondled my butt when we were sleeping next to each other and my ex's reaction was this sarcastic "ooooh oh no, how awful" and then started snickering. WTF?

I got so angry and went off on him. The weirdest part is that he is an f'n counselor. He should know better than to mock someone else's feelings of violation.

We really do live in a 'rape culture' when a guy feels like a girl getting upset over an unwanted fondling is silly.

However, I am not going to let this put me in a bad mood. I'm going to watch a funny movie and fall asleep peacefully :)

Photo
shelliebelle
Jul 28 2013 02:25 AM
oh wow, i'm so sorry your friend reacted that way. of course you would be upset when that happened to you. i hope you told him just how you felt! i'm happy you're not going to let it get you down though :) I hope you enjoy your funny movie and that you get lots of peaceful rest :hug:
Thank you :)
He certainly was insensitive and spoke without thinking first. It's a guy thing.

I am glad you did not let that bring you down. I hope you are in a peaceful place right now. :metoyou:

May 2015

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.