What is here for YOU.

Trinity

• 9 months later...

(((Louise))))

(((Chloe)))) thanks for boosting this up.

I've not seen it before.  And at first felt shame...but after reading Lou's explanation and looking more carefully it is simply beautiful.  

Thanks.

Love

I can't believe I've never seen this post before!!  I read everything!! :)

It truly is a beautiful painting, but your words mean so much more Louise.  I love the way they are all reaching out to her, giving her the things she needs.

Claire

XXX

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you soooooo much for sharing the picture and commentary. I'm still crying. I really needed that uplifting reasuurance. And sometimes I feel that my rapes are all my fault because I'm not skinny or attractive. That no one would do that to me unless I really deserved it. Thankyou...thankyou...thankyou!!!

((((((lotsa hugs))))))

This is my first day of my journey to healing.  I finally realized what was going on.  To see that painting, made my heart....well, my heart did something that i really really needed, and yes, i cried.  That painting is going to be put all over my house and car.  No words can describe what I feel right now. I'm so glad I can get comfort and help here.

(((((((Asuka))))))))

Welcome, sweetie - it will be an honour to support you on your journey

Hugs

Louise xxx

• 2 weeks later...

(((((Lou)))))

How in the world I missed this I'll never know ~ but I was blessed enough to find it this morning!  It is absolutely beautiful.  Although it had me in tears, they were good, validating, cleansing tears.  it's so comforting to know that I have this safe, nurturing place, where I always feel those gently outstretched arms of each of you strong, beautiful survivors.  Thank you, Lou, for this lovely post and to each and every one you here for your unfailing, unconditional support.  

Much love,

Lisa

• 1 month later...
NotYetHealed

Boosting a thread that tugs at my heart strings each time I read it.  ((((Lou)))) ~ thanks babe!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Boosting this because basically I love it - it comforts me every time I see it :) - Steph

• 4 weeks later...
ForeverDancer

thank you, i am in tears, the kindness and compassion of everyone here is so touching, the picture is so beautiful...

Wow.

So what I needed. That is so touching, tears come to my eyes, and that is a daunting feat!

This place is most certainly a blessing, I am so happy to have found it and really, don't know what I would do if I hadn't.

I also often feel I still deserve the blame,I knew him, I knew what was going on, he said I wanted it, and I was too hot, too sexy to not, I invited it, and..... that I should be so over it by now.

I need those reminders that it wasn't my fault, as painful as it can be.

Knowing that there are people who care, comfort, and support, and truly understand is so reassuring and wonderful.

Thank you so much.

**safe grateful hugs**

• 4 weeks later...

That picture is so beautiful and depicts the beauty of spirit and the love and sincerity and comfort and compassion and empathy that are shown here in this forum.

You all make it what it is.  Thanks to all of you.  I didn't begin to heal, and it wouldn't have been possible without places like this.

Hugs and love to all of you -- I love you all -- Lee

P.S. I am copying that picture and putting it somewhere where it can remind me of the love I receive here.  

• 9 months later...
Nickelodeon

Hello girls~

My rape was premeditated.   My mom was having surgery that night and she left me in the care of her boyfriend at the time.  On the way back from visiting her at the hospital he stopped and bought alcohol.  He wanted us to get drunk together...  I was a stupid naive twelve year old, and it was my frist drink, but he said that since I had had one drink that I had to keep drinking...  so I did.   And thats when he raped me.  He plotted the whole thing out...  He knew exactly what he was going to do.  He had even done it to his own daughters I found out later.  That would have been nice to know before!  But yeah, I do agree that with it being premeditated it is harder to deal with, to know that he purposely did this to purposely cause pain for me.  I trusted him, and he raped me.