Photo

quote time

Posted by anji13 , 21 July 2012 · 31 views

"Sometimes I remember the darkness of my past
Bringing back these memories I wish I didnít have
Sometimes I think of letting go and never looking back
And never moving forward so thereíd never be a past"
~Linkin Park

I've pretty much been listening to this song over and over again lately. And all other music by Linkin Park. Every song they have seems to fit me. It keeps me distracted oddly. I can immerse myself in their music and somehow it makes me feel normal in a way. Like its good to know I'm not the only one out there who thinks darkly or whatever.
I know its easy for someone to say 'you're not alone' blah blag blah but its hard to accept that. Especially when every day I spend nearly entirely alone or the few people I manage to talk to at the most once a week ... none of them have any clue what its like to live like this, with these dark thoughts.
Am I insane that my only outreach is a song written by a complete stranger that I'll never meet?
:tear:
:shy: :blush:

Not at all. I do the same thing with music I listen to. Sometimes it's all we have to connect to.
I totally agree

November 2014

S M T W T F S
23242526 27 2829

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

• Photo
    adrift
    Nevetuli - Mar 25 2013 04:59 AM
  • Photo
    powerless
    anji13 - Nov 09 2012 08:56 PM
  • Photo
    powerless
    Irishleo - Nov 06 2012 03:39 PM
  • Photo
    low day
    anji13 - Oct 21 2012 05:48 PM
  • Photo
    low day
    blondie2002 - Oct 19 2012 01:13 PM

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.