Photo

attacked (may trigger)

Posted by DTC40 , 28 July 2013 · 92 views

I was attacked 10 days ago in the laundry room of the apartments I live in. A man in the apartments that came by from time to time to have my daughter work on his computer and a couple of times he asked me out. I told him no I was not interested in dating due to the fact I just got out of a 20 year abusive marriage and I was just not ready to date. He followed me into the laundry room. I did not think I had anything to fear. He pushed me up against the washer he held me there, my back was to him so not matter how hard I tried I could not push him off. He started groping my privates and breast. I kept telling him to stop. He would not even after I told him I would scream. I was so frozen I was terrified. I finally started screaming he let go of me but stood there in the laundry room while I put the clothes in the dryer. I do not know why I kept doing the laundry, I was so in shock. I went back to the apartment and told my son because this man was suppose to be coming to our apartment later in the day to have my daughter install a computer program for him. My son is 20 and told me either I call the police or he was going to go take care of the matter. I called the police despite knowing what was going to happen, it was his word against mine. The police of course did nothing. Some of the people in the apartments were upset because he could have been arrested they said it was not that bad that he had not raped me he just groped me. Are we still so far back in time that it is okay for someone to grope someone and it is okay. I left for the night and stayed in a hotel across town. He then called the police the next day and said I left a note on his apartment door saying I wanted to date him if he would be nice to my daughters. I pulled out the receipt from the hotel and receipt for the pizza I ordered. They went to the hotel and talked to Domino's to see that I took delivery of the pizza and did not leave my hotel room. After all I have been through I did not think this would bother me so bad. I am having a hard time sleeping and having started drinking again just to cope. Someone said to me you will get through this. When will a time come in my life where I am just getting through things and I can take a breath.

Sending you positive energy DTC40
ty Irish I appreciate that.

GoldLion:
I am so sorry you had to go through that, here for you also if you need me.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
2021222324 25 26

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.