Photo

What's the point... slight trigger warning

Posted by Irishleo , 01 October 2013 · 140 views

Someone asked me the other day if I had any regrets in my life. In the past my response would have been no that I didn't. But at this stage of my life, I am riddled with regrets. I have so many... I've really fucked up my life, and some mistakes you just can't fix.

I've been having such dark and hopeless thoughts lately, and I can't seem to snap out of it. I feel so self-destructive, and I'm hurting so much inside. I've been having more panic attacks, and I just feel like I can't cope very well. I'm so alone, and so tired of struggling. Just tired of being worried, sad, afraid, and hurt all the time. I feel as if I've failed myself by allowing my weaknesses to win. I feel like I walk around with a protective shield around myself so that others can't hurt me, but then I hurt myself far more than anyone else ever could. I struggle so much with feelings of self-loathing. When other people try to hurt me, I'll usually fight back, but then once I've succeeded I turn around and destroy myself. I don't understand what the hell is wrong with me.

I don't even know why I want to hurt myself so much, or why so many bad images come into my mind. I know I'm a good person, and that I shouldn't hate myself so much but I can't help it. I'm so very tired.

I incur -and know this and live it daily also. it's exhausting I agree, Doesn't seem like a choice - this shame and low self esteem. and there's no logic to it. I wish there was a cure.
For me the first step was acceptance, accepting that I was broken and to stop fighting it, learning to be okay with it...and that's not the same as giving up. Do you have anyone to talk to outside of Pandys? A therapist maybe?

I Still struggle with feeling hopeless, the future being bleak and thinking what's the point. Like I literally hate myself and for the way I am. On those days I just go back to acceptance and realizing its okay I feel that way. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself some grace. I believe this will pass. Allow yourself to just be.

:metoyou:/>/>
-greymushu

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.