Who Deserves to Be Here?

It is, you're right.

But it would be sadder to think people who needed this place were turned away because they didn't meet some criterion or other. I think that's what's great about this thread, it reminds us that the experience of rape and abuse can't be evaluated by checking five boxes out of nine or whatever.

Belladonic-haze

It's sad to think so many people "deserve" to be here.

Whoaw, I haven't realized that when I read the title....you're right! No-one "deserves" to be here. If we were save in this world there was no need for these forums........ :down::(

Yes, it's very sad. Thank you of pointing out the way it is said, although I believe it was not meant that way.....

Wow, this thread was so helpful to me last night... while I was crying, telling my friend that this "stupid website won't help me, I've looked at it before", and trying to find a thread to prove my point, I found this thread. There was about 5 minutes of silence while I read the thread, and then I said timidly, "Well... it might be kind of helpful. I guess I'll give it a try. Maybe I just read the wrong threads the last time I was here."

I joined 30 minutes later. ;)

(((Sara)))

I'm really glad you decided to join :)

I hope you can find the help you need here, in this wonderful and warm community.

love Bubby

Yes, it really is warm and caring. :) Most of the reactions I had gotten outside of here ranged from:

helplessness and worry about my safety (because of destructive habits)-- mostly my good friends :)

treating me like a slut and not wanting me around children

polite disinterest

telling me to repent for not resisting/telling anyone

... and a whole host of other unpleasant ones.

however, dry1st and another friend (who isn't a survivor, surprisingly enough) have mostly treated me like a person who's just struggling with some things. :) And that's what this community is more like.

• 5 months later...

I agree............i work w survivors every day and what makes me so angry is that the justice system sometimes decides which case is bad enough to be tried. UGGGGGGGGGGG...........if you said NO and didnt want it............you deserve to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...