Photo

Social Anxiety

Posted by lotus~flower , 30 July 2013 · 114 views

I've recently realized something about myself that I don't know if I really want to have recognized in myself.

I know that after my r*** my social anxiety has been higher than it usually was, but I'm really feeling lonely in a different way right now. My lack of interest/drive to really become friends with people is very low right now and I don't know what to do about it.

I just don't know what to do right now. I want friends but it feels like I'm incapable of trusting anyone to really be my friend. But being alone/introverted is okay, right? Maybe I just need to stop comparing myself with other people my age and focus on finding one friend that I can be close to and start from there.

Photo
SomebodyLoveMe
Jul 30 2013 05:09 PM
i've found myself in the same situation. with no intention of imposing my opinions upon you, i learned that if you have no interest in making new friends, that's okay. wait until you're ready, and don't try to convince yourself that you trust someone. don't feel like you have to do anything, because it can easily be counterproductive. i hope that you can find that one good friend you're looking for. best wishes, and good luck(:
Photo
bluebutterfly
Jul 30 2013 06:19 PM
Have compassion for yourself--it's a long process learning to trust people and build friendships when you're a survivor. Definitely don't compare yourself to anyone else--trust your own instincts and figure out what is best for you. For me, it's been a long journey learning to connect with people again. I will say the friendships I have now are much stronger than they were before I went through my healing process. I think it will be the same way for you. Give yourself time--it's okay to need time alone and to take it slowly.
Sending you so many good wishes.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
28 293031   

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.