Photo

never be ashamed

Posted by tamz , 18 June 2010 · 12 views

Sick of feeling like it's something to be ashamed off, something i did wrong. what he did, it wasn't rape, but it was still sexual assault and even though it's not as bad as it could have been, it's still wrong.
Never feel ashamed to speak about it, Never feel ashamed to shout out and say, yes, i am affected by this. Never be scared of the truth, you did nothing wrong. Never feel like you should've or could've done more or that it's your fault. it's not! it's his!
If anyone has a problem with how you reacted to it, that's their problem, not yours. So I reacted in a way that you wouldn't have, so what, does that make me a bad person?! No!
Never feel like it's not rape, it is, even if you know him or didn't fight it or if it doesn't fit society's stereotype. and Remember, it's THEIR misconception of real rape.
I'm not ashamed anymore!

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Jun 18 2010 02:50 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay:

I agree FULL HEARTEDLY AND 100%!!!!

I am so glad to see those words coming from another survivor. They are so true. I am so glad you are not ashamed anymore, that's such a weight off you when you come to that point. :yay: :yay: :yay:

content warning

I will try to keep any reference to specific SI behaviour to a minimum however reference to the assault will not always be censored. I don't want to trigger anyone so just want you to be warned. Most of the time it will be okay but just so you are aware. Take gentle care.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
67891011 12

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.