Photo

have a question. hoping you all can help me :)

Posted by *Danielle1990* , 04 November 2012 · 102 views

my cousin in law emailed me about 2 weeks ago after i had left group, and said:
I feel a little awkward asking this since it's such a personal topic, but you seem very open with the fact that you were sexually abused. It's a horrible, horrible thing to experience and something no one should ever have to go through!
I hope to God the answer is no, but I would like to know if it was your dad. I only ask because I no you no longer speak to him and you once posted that you were writing a book about a girl that was abused by her father.
Since Max and Sophia are occasionally around him, as a mom, I'm very protective and feel like I should know if someone like that is around my kids. I really like your dad and think he's incredibly nice, so it would be horrible to learn otherwise.

and i have no idea what to say back to her. other than asking her if she wants to meet up in person to talk about it, because i would want to see her facial reactions. etc.
i talked about it in group, and wanted to write her a letter, but i didn't want to write her and then her not believe me. but i offered to meet up with her and she didn't want to it right away so that tells me that she doesn't really want to know what happend.

help me? plz
thanks
<3 you all

thats a hard one, okay let me claify, you have offered to meet with her and she has said no not yet ? as in my opinion thats just her preparing herself for the worst case scenario as she knows things in her world (must press not in your world) are going to change. i dont think that means she doesnt want to know, in a way with you asking to meet perhaps she has read into that prematurly. either way i hope you manage to sort things out and your are so incredible brave for being so open and mature about it. just make sure you look after number one !
Photo
*Danielle1990*
Nov 05 2012 04:36 PM
she has said that she wants to meet,but just not right now. with finals/exams in december so she wants to wait until there done..and that she will let me know

which i feel like if she is really worried about it that she would want to meet up with me ASAP..ya know?

July 2014

S M T W T F S
13 14 1516171819

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.