Photo

Cried for the first time in months

Posted by Brian09 , 17 November 2013 · 204 views

Perhaps it's because I'm always surrounded by guys who are or act tough is that I don't allow myself to cry. Even alone in my home. 
I have told myself several times that it's alright to cry if I need to but I always find myself trying not to. My father's words always ring in my head about being a man and being strong. Sorry to say father, but today I cried.
I cried for what seemed hours. I tried to stop several times but when I failed, I just let myself crumble. Maybe it was the loneliness that had been building up for so long or maybe it was the training I had at work yesterday. Suicide Prevention. I sat through the entire two hour training with a lump in my through. After the training was over, I became certified to properly try to prevent suicide. I almost laughed when they handed me the certificate. It seemed ironic.
I hadn't had to deal with anything regarding this part of my life for a while. With work keeping me busy and having to move, I fooled myself for almost three months that my life was just fine. I smiled and joked around work. Turned in all my projects in time and assisted presentations as if nothing was eating me alive. Can't say I haven't done it before. Actually that is how I get through most of the year, every year. Keep myself busy in work to not think about.
But every now and then, I finally break. It is at moments like this that I'm glad I don't live with anyone else. Had someone seen me, they would have thought someone had died. 
I was finally able to pull myself together enough to make myself a cup of coffee. Not really knowing what to do next, I decided to write about it instead of letting my mind wonder to dark places.

Photo
FlashedForward
Nov 17 2013 08:47 PM
Hearing you. Hope you're OK.

Nice to 'meet' you, by the way.

Best,
f/f

I think all survivors are experts at being the great pretenders of all is fine in our world.  As if our pain, sadness, sorrow, loneliness and lostness just do not exist.

I always remember that I do not have to be strong all the time to be strong.

I also tell myself that when I do finally cry (in private and alone still) I am cleansing my soul of poisons.

Safe (((Hugs))) if okay.  Take good care of you

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26272829 30 31 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.