I felt the wind

Posted by Gwynna , 06 September 2010 · 90 views

When loss is so near, and so heavy, I have a tendency to dissociate. If left to my own devices, I could just float off the planet :)

There are times that I do what I call, scheduled dissociation........but, today, I just wanted to say that I stayed grounded even though I was in physical and emotional pain. The loss of my soul dog has been so hard for me and many of my people inside. My dog and I would sit outside and both of us would turn our faces to the wind. His nose would be taking in the scents and I would just try to feel the wind on my skin. I could pet him and stay in this reality and not get sent back into a traumatic memory that has been etched into my cells. It is hard without him. I have to do these things on my own now. But, today, I also wrote in my journal, made a collage, played with paints and pastels! I am so proud that I am taking care of my collective this way, instead of turning to more destructive and familiar ways of handling pain. I shall be free of the ritual abuse..........one day at a time.

I'm sorry that you are going through a hard time I. Hope. Thibgs will get better soon

November 2015

222324 25 262728

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.