Photo

It's all about you.

Posted by OpheliaMT , 08 August 2013 · 78 views

• Rocky Bay

So, after me rejoining the forums again after a long, long time, I've been a busy girl.

As some of you know, I've not been online in about a month now, and that's due to me working very, very hard on the book 'Resurrection After Rape' by Matt Atkinson. It is by far the most painful thing I have ever worked on, as one by one, I've faced each stuck point, habit, trigger (you name it.. I've analysed it) and taken it apart. And apart again once more to make sure I know it all inside and out... after all, the whole point of the exercises is to get to know yourself again so that YOU have the control over YOUR emotions and actions. I lost contact with myself in a lot of ways, but thanks to the exercises in the book, I'm getting closer to myself again.

I'm still anti-social when it comes to writing however! ;) I write things down in my journal, but I don't like to be disturbed, so I find caves and what have you in the middle of know where. Most of the time you just hear lizards rustling about in the bushes and the sea as it hits the rocks. It's very centering, which is just what I need right now.

I found an old bunker a few weeks ago, and I had been lurking in there to write and think, but someone blocked it all up, so that's a no go now sadly. :( It's a shame, as I liked it a lot... I was still outdoors, but had the protection of the walls and all. And crabs! Huge, awesome Fiddler crabs. I managed to get photos of it at least, and it also inspired me to create some new paintings, but then, this whole process has.

Which leads me on to something else... my next art exhibition is definitely going to consist of new creations that depict the emotions, hurts and happiness that Resurrection After Rape has enabled me to feel and see. I doubt that I will tell anyone who is interested in them the true meaning of the works, but when they are ready, I will share them with you all.

Take care and gentle hugs to those who need them.
x

"I write things down in my journal, but I don't like to be disturbed, so I find caves and what have you in the middle of know where. Most of the time you just hear lizards rustling about in the bushes and the sea as it hits the rocks. It's very centering, which is just what I need right now."

This sounds like such a great place to be centered and write. I wish I had a place like that!

Thank you PandaLily. Apologies that it has taken me so long to reply, but I have not had a working laptop until today.

And I agree! Caves and see are the most healing and centering of places. I often get interupted by a passing German Shepherd, but he's adorable, so I don't mind.

Re locations to be centred, you can find them if you look for them usually. I walk and run a lot, so I find places and explore them, and each one has it's own beauty. I hope that you find a good spot to think, or if not, maybe you can create a spot in your room or home?

February 2015

S M T W T F S
22232425 26 2728

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.