Photo

Learning from the Prickers...part 2

Posted by Charleigh , 15 October 2013 · 83 views

What a great band with great lyrics that really have been making me think.

"I know I know that good friends come and go..." -The Prickers, I Know I Know

Oh do I ever know how good friends come and go. It's sad to think that very few friendships last a lifetime. I'm currently struggling with the possibility of letting someone go for it seems they have crossed a major line by saying some hurtful things to me. What he said hurts but the thought of letting him go, losing him, is even more painful. I feel like I have somehow failed as a person in a way that I can't seem to keep friends. I want to turn to my usual way of coping and find a way to make what he said my fault so that I can continue to think of him as a good person and not as someone who can hurt me, who has hurt me. But I know I can't do that, that I shouldn't do that, because that is the "old way" and I have to do things differently now. As much as I hate it, as hard as it is to have to face the pain and acknowledge that he isn't the safest person in my life anymore, I still can't go back to that way. It scares me though. I don't know how to cope with these feelings. I know it's something I am going to be learning in therapy but we aren't even close to that right now. So here I am stuck with all these feelings without knowing how to cope. It's frustrating and hard and scarey. I don't want to do it. I feel stuck

Warning

This is my place to reflect and say what I want. It may be triggering. If you don't want to know what I have to say I suggest you don't read what I write here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.