Photo

Talking About Marriage

Posted by cordeliaVorkosigan , 15 July 2012 · 24 views

I'm waiting on the actual ring on my finger. We are talking about a life together. I am happy and scared. I hate allowing anyone to have any power in my life because they can then hurt me. Trust is a huge issue. I've been hurt by him once. I've already let him back into my life and my heart. There is no turning back. I adore him and am devoted to him. I just pray he does not hurt me again. I have no regret in jumping back into the deep end with him. I would regret not trying again. I've never loved the way I love him. Life is crazy and full of unfulfilled promises. I refuse to believe that I am not worthy of a promise kept.

I was just married in May. I went through these very same thoughts. It's not easy. With or without the legality of the relationship, it's still just a relationship. It doesn't get better. It's something you always have to work at.

The thing that keeps me sane (for the most part) is knowing that I don't live in a country where there is no turning back. I can get out if I want to. I can leave him if I choose to. I can get a divorce. I can do whatever I wish. I am a free woman, but I CHOOSE to be with him. I CHOOSE to be married. It's a choice, but things can always change. Nothing is set in stone. You will always have the power to choose.

Good luck! Take care.
Ciao...xo,
Szil
Photo
cordeliaVorkosigan
Jul 17 2012 01:42 PM

I am a free woman, but I CHOOSE to be with him. I CHOOSE to be married.

Yes, I have chosen to let him back in. I feel vulnerable but if he hurts me there is recourse. I just don't want to feel that pain. I know the relationship will have its ups and downs and it takes a lot of hard work to maintain. I'm not put off by that. I just hope he puts as much into it. No matter how committed I am I cannot drive this relationship alone. It takes both of us. So far he has proven to be quite amorous. I've been surprised by how he took my ultimatum. I told him to either be all in or all out. He has thrown himself all in.

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.