Photo

Own It

Posted by Sedona59 , 11 May 2013 · 47 views

I suppose that's my new phrase these days after speaking to my therapists about writing a letter to my daughter's in-laws and also one to my ex's wife. "Own it" for me means to embrace it, to self accept what you are doing fully and completely and in my case, it means for me to completely own the words that I will write in those letters; to own that I will speak my truth and the reasons why I speak my truth at this time. I will not second guess myself nor will I look back and worry or wonder if I did the right thing. It's been a year now that I have worked through this with my therapist and processed the consequences and it is time.

I hear you.

:metoyou:
Thank you Susanna, I know that I am doing the right thing, even at the risk of losing my relationship with my daughter, because my granddaughter's well-being is important.

September 2014

S M T W T F S
2122 23 24252627

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.