Photo

I'm not ok...

Posted by missophelia , 09 January 2013 · 38 views

And I think I need to find a way to be able to express that again. Like I used to.

I think I need to allow myself, and to let myself feel, and know, that I am safe, and ok, in expressing that I am not ok.

Like I used to.

But the fact is, I'm not ok.

My thoughts and feelings, have been so dark lately. And it's like, a part of me doesn't want to open up to anyone about any of it.

Not even to myself.

But I'm not ok.

Today, I was in a craft store. And I had to stop myself, because I almost bought a tool that I could use to SI. The crazy thing was, the packaging advertised it as being a comfortable and safe version of that tool.

I had it in my hand.

I put it back.

But the fact that it's on my mind, almost constantly. The urge is there.

And sometimes the thoughts that can keep me safe, sometimes they aren't there.

I've been silent here. For way too long. I need to find my way back to voicing my feelings, my thoughts. I need to find my way back to telling my story.

Both the past, and the story I continue on with.

And there are things that have happened, things I've been doing. Too many to list them all now. If I can get myself far enough past my depression to write like I used to, then I will have the space and time to write them all out.

I probably need to.

I started a women's group this past Monday night. It's a therapeutic group. Run by Dr K and another female therapist. It seems like a good group. Everyone is nice. I am hoping I can feel safe enough to be able to open up as they all seem to have done. And I am hoping to get something out of it, and also to be able to contribute.

I feel like I have been through a war or something, with the trauma processing I did with Dr K. The MST, and also the molestation. And right now, my sessions are focused on me trying to cope with my depression and my anxiety.

And still I struggle with my art. But I am working on that. It is very frustrating, and I realize that my depression is playing a big part in me struggling to do any art at all. But also, struggling the way I do is adding to my depression.

It's all a vicious circle.

I feel like everything in my life right now is caught up in some huge vicious circle. I hate it.

(((missophelia)))

Well done for speaking up and for putting the item back. These vicious cycles in our healing can push us to the edge too often. I know it's hard to believe but the cycles will widen becoming less painful in the course of time. You've been doing an incredible amount of work and I hope you're able to be proud of that! Writing more might ease the pressure you're under. Your words also inspire so many others.

Much Love! :hug:/> :hug:/> :hug:/>
Photo
missophelia
Jan 09 2013 08:36 PM
Susan

Thanks. I am hoping they will widen and that things will become less painful. And I am trying to be proud of all that I have done. It's just hard when I feel like I haven't made any progress. And I think you are right, that writing might ease the pressure I am under. And strangely, I think that part of that pressure comes from me.

Thanks for saying my words inspire others. I wish I felt like they inspired me.

Lots of love! :hug: :hug: :hug:
i hear that you're not feeling ok right now. can relate...you are not alone. hope writing helps....i know how depression makes self expression more difficult. i agree...good job putting the tool back.

hugs
Photo
missophelia
Jan 10 2013 04:28 AM
pink

Thanks. And I'm sorry that you can relate. I wish you were feeling ok.

hugs to you too

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
171819202122 23

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.