Photo

My challenge to myself today

Posted by Irishleo , 26 March 2012 · 82 views

I had another appointment with my therapist, and she has suggested that I try to focus on only positive things for one day, so that I can see just how negative my thinking is. So far I am still feeling pretty stressed out, but every time a dark thought comes into my head I push it away. Not to internalize it, but just focusing my energy on positive thoughts instead.

Instead of thinking how hard my life is at the moment or how afraid I am to face my problems, today I am only going to concentrate on what IS good, and how I can make things even better. I want my life to be more than just a series of sad events that happened to me and are still ongoing. I want to become the kind of person that sees the glass half full, instead of half empty.

So anyway, I will write again tomorrow to update on how successful (or not) that I was. I hope all of you have a good day today as well. Sending you all hugs :hug:

That's a very mindful and effective thing to try. For me, it's helped to do thought blocking. I just tell myself it's just a thought, the thought will pass, and I tell myself not to act on the thought. I hope to hear about how it went for you :-). Good job and good luck with it!
I know how hard it can be to break the cycle of negative thoughts. I try to counter every negative thought with a positive one. I'm still working on becoming a person that sees the glass half full instead of half empty. It's a long and hard process, and some days are more of a challenge than others.

I think it's great you're trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative. Even if it doesn't completely work out right away, there's always room to keep trying. You can do it if you keep working at it.

Hope it goes well for you today. :hug:

October 2014

S M T W T F S
192021 22 232425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.