Photo

I feel like I'm going under

Posted by Irishleo , 22 April 2013 · 100 views

The past few weeks have so difficult, and for so many reasons. I feel like everything is crashing down around me, and I'm struggling so hard to keep it all together. There is so much pressure on me to do so many things, and I have no one to help me. The sad thing is, is that I've been doing "everything right," as they say. I've put my own happiness out of mind and just plod on, trying to fulfill my responsibilities and just keep my pain inside where no one can see it and it won't bother anyone.

But here on this blog, I can be honest about my feelings. I feel lonely, afraid, frustrated and extremely sad. I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and I don't know when I'll ever be allowed to put it down. The only thing that is making me even try to carry on is because I have to be there for my daughter. If I didn't have her, I'd just give up. So for her I wake up in the morning and do the things that I must, but my soul is weary.

I'm tired of fantasizing of having just a single day of peace and joy. Maybe I'm not meant to feel those things... :'(

Photo
missdedicated
Apr 22 2013 01:33 PM
I hope everything gets better. Sitting with you (if okay)
Photo
wavescalmme
Apr 22 2013 09:32 PM
Yes you do deserve peace and joy. I am sorry that you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. I would love to help you carry it. It is so hard to feel like that. I am here if you need/want to talk. Sometimes having someone to vent to helps.

You are not alone here Irish.
Safe hugs (if ok)
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take gentle care,
Waves
:metoyou:
sending u some healing calming, being able to chill, thoughts.... u deserve everything good in the world. i think its amazing u keep going for ur daughter. that is huge. if u need to talk i can listen. i feel alone too. maybe we can be alone, sort of, together :)
I have been where you are now. I can so relate and I can feel your pain. I plodded along until my daughter turned 18 then fell apart. It was with consequences to my health so don't forget to take good care of you cuz I did not.

You deserve all the good things life has to offer. You have much inner strength even though it may feel as if you don't. I am so sorry you are struggling.

Take good care of you (((Irish))) :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thank you all so much. All of your kindness is such an incredible comfort to me ((hugs)) if ok

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.