Photo

Ups and downs - who needs to pay admission to an amusement park?

Posted by picadillymom , 02 July 2013 · 52 views

Meh - sorry I have a very sarcastic sense of humour. Work is dragging out beyond slow today, but I am getting lots done which I guess is a good thing. I feel like I just got over the flu - kind of in a cloud and woozy. Didn't sleep well - brain wouldn't shut off, but I wasn't thinking directly about the things that I know are bothering me - instead songs playing over and over in my head and dreaming about eating food. I feel like my brain is flooding me with useless information to protect me from the things that are hurtful.

I am waiting for the counsellor to call me back to give me an appointment time for my daughter. She's agreed to go back to counselling from the angle of her anxiety and depression, but won't go through the crisis centre that offers counselling specifically to victims of rape. It's a positive step and I am very thankful for that.

When I went to grab a sandwich for lunch today, I felt like I was going to break down in tears again, but held it together. One step at a time. I will see about some counselling for me once I get my baby into it. It's really hard not to smother her with hugs and hold her close every second - although hugs and cuddles are NOT an unusual occurance in my home. We are an affectionate bunch - even my 19 yr old son doesn't mind our three way hugs :)

I have so much love for these children you would think it could form an invisible shield against all the evils of the world. It's incomprehensible to me that it does not!!

Better get back to work I guess.

Still thinking about you. I do understand. Many thoughts headed your way. So very happy your daughter has you. You are a wonderful mom for helping her the way you are.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
13 14 1516171819

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.