Photo

Perception is nine thenth the rules

Posted by bellachai , 07 May 2013 · 58 views

These are the rules:

If you do not look like you have any serious illnesses then you are not ill.

If you do not do anything and/or do not work then you are lazy and worthless.

If you try real hard to be optimistic and positive then your ailments are all in your head.

If you do not look or speak in crazy ways then you do not have a mental illness and you are just faking it or you just need to get over it after all the past is the past. No need for a therapist.

If you are in pain every single day you do not get asked how you are and are ignored cuz it is the same thing everyday. People become desensitized to your pain and ignore you.

These rules is my perception of societies perceptions cuz it is my experiences for the last 4 years.

Blessings to all here.

Photo
wavescalmme
May 07 2013 11:29 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry people are so desensitized to you and your situation. I hope you know that I hear you and believe you in what you are dealing with in your every day life.

It is terrible that people are so rude and condescending to people with ailments and disabilities. I am here to listen and offer my care and support.

Thinking about you!
Waves
:metoyou:
i relate way too much.

i hope you do find another therapist one day...who treats you with the respect, empathy and understanding you need and deserve. soon.

when i went to concert on weekend in wheelchair, it was kind of amazing the difference in how people observed and treated me. have often thought just walking around, the little i can, with a cane or something.... (not that it would help physically, you know what i mean)....might change how people see and treat me a lot.

society sucks. you're not lazy at all, opposite, we fight so damn hard. and you never have and never will be worthless.

family/friends who stop asking us how we are suck too. that's happened to me too. only person who asks me is my t.

love you always (((bella))).
Photo
yarnfoolishness
May 08 2013 02:54 PM
I relate to this. I'm sorry you've endured it also. :hug:

April 2014

S M T W T F S
202122 23 242526

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.