Photo

The Silence is growing

Posted by Mand , 12 March 2014 · 58 views

Usually by now, I am starting to feel anxious, fearful about seeing my T tomorrow. Instead, I notice I am feeling....nothing. There is no excitement, no anticipation at seeing her. Instead, I have an inner silence. And the silence is growing. It is now outside as well as inside. My family are saying "Are you alright You are very quiet". And I smile and say "I'm fine" and I resent their intrusion into my silence. My silence is very personal. It is selfish. It is me. I am using it as a barrier.

As I write that, it makes sense. My silence is a defence. It is the defence that the Silent One is using. And she is giving it to me. To show my T She cannot speak. She will not let me near her. She is now dominant in my house of Mand's. Whilst she sits at the door, I cannot approach the house. I cannot pass her. The garden is empty. The sun has gone. A cold wind is blowing, yet there is no sound. I cannot hear the wind rustling the leaves. There is no birdsong. Only the silence. The strong, impenetrable silence.

How do I show this to my T How can I lead her hear Do I even want to? Am I ready? I do not know. Yarn said I need to accept the Silent One. And she is right. I know this. I know acceptance is healing. But I cannot get near her. She will not let me.

Photo
yarnfoolishness
Mar 12 2014 05:43 PM

Can you accept her while allowing her distance?  Maybe she just wants you to really see her right now, just see and nothing more?

I ask because my Little wouldn't let me near for the longest time.  It was almost as if she had to watch me to see what I would do.  I don't know if that makes sense?

Or maybe her silence is the message?  Maybe Silence is what she has to show you for now?

For your T - maybe you could just print this post and bring it?

Thinking of you.

Your second paragraph resonates greatly. She is watching. She is waiting. I am so relieved someone else understands. It is the oddest thing. I find her most disconcerting. She really does scare me. Thank you for responding Yarn, it means a lot.
Photo
yarnfoolishness
Mar 13 2014 11:46 AM

:metoyou:

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.