Photo

still working on depression recovery

Posted by bluebutterfly , 02 July 2013 · 81 views

I've been doing better for the past couple of days. I doubled my dose of Omega 3 and that seems to be helping. I'm trying to take things very slowly. Today I went to the gym and had a massage. Tomorrow I'm going to skype with a close friend who lives in India.

I do feel very heartbroken.

I've been off Celexa now for four months and was depression-free for three months before I relapsed. My brain has been so foggy lately
that it's hard to think straight, but I've decided that I'm going to give myself a month to pull out of the depression through natural means. If I haven't recovered by July 31st, I have to call a doctor and go back on medication.

I did immediately feel a burst of motivation when I came up with this plan because I really don't want to go back on medication. My side effects were fatigue, weight gain, and just less vitality and emotion. I gained 30 pounds while taking the medication and in only 4 months off I've already lost 12. But more importantly, I just feel more alive without it. When I'm not depressed, that is.

My brain chemistry might just be very messed up from experiencing such severe trauma during my formative years. I know that many survivors need to be on medication, and I might be one of them. But I've decided it's worth a month. I will follow the program in The Depression Cure and also do other things that I know help with depression. I'll give myself a depression test once a week. If I'm not scoring in the normal range by July 31st, I have to meet with a doctor to talk about medication.

That makes me feel better to have a plan. I'm going to give myself a depression test tomorrow and see where I'm beginning from.

Gladyou have Al plan.. Take care of yourself.
Photo
bluebutterfly
Jul 03 2013 04:49 PM
Thanks so much, Zelda! Supportive words really mean so much right now. Take care of yourself too.

December 2014

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.