Photo

Gratitude jars

Posted by Tillit , 07 January 2014 · 113 views

Passing on something I found on the forums because I thought it a great idea.

Basically, what you do is take an empty jar and put it somewhere visible, such as on a shelf or your desk. This jar is your "gratitude jar". Every time someone does something for you, or something happens for which you're grateful, you write it down on a note, perhaps with the date it happened, and store the note in the jar.

I've already brought one of my jars to school and I'm looking forward to doing this. I think it'll make me remember all kinds of little moments, compliments and encouragements I would otherwise forget, and it'll be a good feeling to see the jar with all the little notes in it. It'll also be a great lasting memory of my time at the school :) .

That's an awesome idea - thank you for sharing!

You're welcome! Hoping it will fill up with notes over time smile.png .

Photo
bluebutterfly
Jan 07 2014 06:29 PM

I love this suggestion too--thanks for sharing!

Photo
whodatninja
Feb 10 2014 09:07 PM

interesting. i might have to try that.

July 2014

S M T W T F S
678910 11 12

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.