Photo

burn out

Posted by chelirach , 31 January 2012 · 43 views

I am feeling burnt out completely. I have no idea what I need to get out of it. I wish I had time to take time, but I don't. It is the way I have made things. It is not as if there is actually another choice in the matter. I am stuck where I am at the moment, and of course it is all my doing. I don't have any idea how to deal with this. I am completely overwhelmed and exhausted and even thinking of everything I need to do gives me a headache and makes me think of more things that I have not done yet

Photo
Untangling-It-All
Jan 31 2012 12:55 PM
I don't know what to suggest that would be helpful.. I have been reading your entries but not been sure what to say. I just wanted to let you know I have been reading.

I think you need to come up with some kind of plan to deal with the burn out. Because sooner or later, whether you have time for it or not, you will crash, and it is a very scary and very horrible place to be. Your body will force you. I know this because it happened to me. Better to find a way to deal with it now than to wait until you hit that true crisis point.

Thinking of you
Photo
MaybeJoleisa
Feb 01 2012 12:57 AM
I am so much in the same place right now that it is hard for me to know what to say in terms of advice-- because i don't know how to advise myself either! I have faith in your ability to get through this, and to strike a balance that works for you, though.
I completely understand. I seem to go through cycles of burnout as well. I'm trying to stop these cycles from reoccurring as it makes me feel awful and ridiculous. I find there are several things that work well for me. I almost always have to step back from some of my responsibilities; however when I can't (especially with school or work) I tend to talk/vent more with friends and strangers. Also, I exercise like crazy and/or spend more time outdoors. Burn out just means it's time for you to CENTER. Find your inner balance. Truly...only you know what will work best for you. In that past, I've also used yoga but I find I'm not so stimulated by that lately. I need to be around others. It helps me let go of my problems, my stresses...my burn out. You'll get through it. ciao...xo
You read my mind. If you find a way out, please let me know.
oh and take care :)
Untangling I know you are right. And I feel like I am nearing the point. I am trying to find ways to cut back, but it is hard. Thank you

MaybeJ sorry you are in the same place. I know I overwork myself and I know why. And then I get angry at myself for not being able to do it all. Its a no win situation for sure

Szilvia, sorry you strggle as well, thank you for the suggestions. I think you are right I need to do things that help me find my inner balance. I think that is what I tend to lose site of.

Trooper I will! Good to "hear" your voice!

April 2014

S M T W T F S
131415161718 19

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

1 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.