Photo

Because sometimes, you just have to laugh

Posted by Tillit , 12 February 2014 · 167 views

Today, I was so tired that when I came out of the shower, I almost applied my defense spray to my armpit instead of my spray deodorant.

This got me thinking... does anyone else have those little "survivor moments" that aren't depressing or anything, but just things you just have to smile or laugh at? Not neccessarily as in "dark humour" funny, but like the example above -- just little things that makes you feel like you just have to laugh at yourself?

That is too funny, although it would not have been if you had actually done it! I'm a checker, and I feel so embarrassed whenever I walk out the door with my kids because sometimes the older one will narrate my crazy as I'm doing it. "dogs are in, the stove is off, back door is locked, etc etc." God, I hope she does not develop OCD because of this....

Today we had a project and so I brought my laptop, turned it on in class, and lo and behold, I had left it on standby, and the first thing that pops up when I log on is the Pandora's Aquarium forums. I had the window scrolled down a bit, so it was just a list of forum threads, I let out a quiet "whoops" and hurriedly closed that tab. I don't think anyone even noticed, so it was just kind of funny, but would've been a weird situation otherwise. I guess it's a good sign that I reacted that way, 'cause I take it as another sign that I'm almost ready to open up :P .

July 2016

S M T W T F S
242526 27 282930

Search My Blog

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.