Photo

which...

Posted by missophelia , 20 March 2013 · 46 views

trigger warning for talk of SI and SU. Please take gentle care of your self if reading.

Which is worse?

The fact that I gave in and SI'ed last night?
Or how I think Dr K will see it?

I gave in to my urges last night, and SI'ed. Not badly, though. I have been having urges again today. And I know that it's like an addiction. But right now, I don't care. What I did last night gave me relief. Today hasn't been good, but it's been a little more bearable. I can't help but equate that to what I did last night.

I am torn about telling Dr K. There is a part of me that knows I should. But I don't want her to throw me in the hospital. We have talked about me letting her know if I don't feel safe leaving the VA, and to her that includes if I think I can't keep myself from SI'ing. We have kind of talked around the idea of options. But I think from the way she has said that, she is thinking of throwing me in the hospital. And I just get the feeling that she thinks that if I was going to SI, or if I did SI, in her mind that would justify putting me inpatient.

The last thing I want is to be inpatient.

She does know I've been having urges. She also knows I've been thinking about suicide. And she knows I have a specific plan.
I have been thinking about suicide. But for now, I don't plan on acting on it.

Tonight, I feel safe.

And when I say that, safety doesn't rule out my SI'ing again. I don't see my SI'ing as being unsafe.

I guess I'll just take things as they come. My depression, anxiety, and anger have been bad. Especially my depression and my anger. But what's different tonight from how I've felt the past three weeks? Not much.

I am so sorry for you pain and suffering and wish I could help you in some way. I want you to be safe and for you take good gentle care of you cuz you deserve it and are worth it.

If you want to PM me I still listen well my sweet friend. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Photo
Untangling-It-All
Mar 20 2013 06:28 PM
I don't feel like I have anything helpful or wise to say. SI is not part of my experience, so I don't have a whole lot to offer there in terms of dealing with it. I think maybe your idea of taking it as things come is probably the best approach?

I am glad you feel safe tonight :hug:

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my thoughts, my feelings, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my sorrow, all raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of your self.

November 2014

S M T W T F S
2324252627 28 29

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Tags

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Blog Warning

This is a blog of my feelings, my emotions, my joys, my sorrows, my thoughts, my struggles as I heal. All raw and real. I am not censoring my blog, so please take gentle care of you.

2 user(s) viewing

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.